or Connect

Posts by saffrongirl

I guess she had the tap (is that the right term?) for the epidural but they weren't able to actually administer the meds so I'm not sure if that could still be the reason for the headache. They have her oxycodone in the hospital for the migraine -couldn't that cause issues for the baby too??? My struggle here is whether its my place to say anything. These aren't 18 year olds having their first kid. They are adults with their second child and I don't want to butt in or...
Some of my very best friends just had a baby four days ago. This is their second baby, the older child is four years old. They had a difficult time after their oldest. She experienced ppd and was told her milk wasn't adequate nutrition when her son had some health problems. They ended up formula feeding because she had so much self doubt and was just too anxious and she really regretted it after the fact. Anyway, they just had their second. I am in another state and won't...
  This. Exactly.  You totally hit the nail on the head.  I'm just tired and touched out and breasts are off limits so it just hasn't been "worth it to me."  Cuts into my precious sleep time.  lol.  But I'm seeing now how it's affecting our relationship more so something needs to be done.  It's also interesting how the longer I go without sexual intimacy, the longer I can continue to go.  Does that make sense?   Something else you said really hit me too - "Take the risk!...
I know this is probably the billionth time this has been posted and I did a little forum research but need more help specific to my situation.  The baby is six months old, he's my third.  All three children were born at home and it seemed natural to cosleep.  However, I am a light sleeper and need SPACE in bed so after a year with my first dd (who is now 8 years old), we put her in her own crib in her own room (not as easy as it sounds all written out there - ha).  My...
I have a Dodge Durango. It has two bench seats, the middle folds down in a 60/40 split for access to the back. My three year old is on one end in the middle seat in her Graco Nautilus, the eight year old sits in the far back in her booster and six month old is in the middle of the middle seat. He has been in a Baby Trend infant seat up until very recently when we transitioned him to a Britax convertible seat due to his height. So the issue is now that he's in the Britax...
My labor with all three children started within twelve hours of having membranes swept.  This most recent labor started about four hours after membrane sweep and baby was born four hours later (phew!).  I never lost plug or had bloody show or any visible indication of labor starting with any of my children.  I hope this is it for you! 
I'm so sorry you're experiencing this anxiety - I've had a bit of fear/panic myself so I can relate a bit. What has helped me the most is listening to some positive birth affirmations over and over. I have the affirmations cd from hypnobabies but there is also an affirmation track on iTunes that you could download. There are also loads on the Internet. I hope that helps a bit. I'll be thinking of you and your baby!
Hi everyone, I've mostly been a lurker but wanted to share my photos from my maternity shoot. Taken at almost 38 weeks. I've loved looking at all of yours - such strong beautiful mamas!