or Connect

Posts by SpiralChrissy

Thanks for your post. The visit went fine today, despite our worries. He is having trouble eating with the expander in his mouth. He says that food keeps getting stuck up there and he finally gave up on lunch. I think I will take him out for ice cream later!
Hi everyone!   I haven't posted in awhile but this issue feels important. My 9yr old DS is scheduled to get an expander and braces in the morning. He's less than happy, as any kid might be. I wondering what kind of pain he might be in for and would love it if others would share their experiences and suggestions. How was it for your child? What helped your family navigate thru this? What did you use for pain management? Please help. This mama is...
Cheese and crackers, apples and carrots or other easy to toss on the table veggies. I'm all about fruits and veggies that you can eat raw, without much preparation too.    Another favorite is pasta with butter and cheese. I usually add some garlic and some sliced tomatoes. It's easy and quick!   Great thread and one I need to be watching!! Dinner can be so stressful after a long day!
Gumblossom - Hurray about your DH! What a relief!   Congrats Purplefish!   Sending lot of energy and love to everyone. 
Stevi- Thank you so much for writing that. It's been so long since I've thought of my DH in that way, honestly.  I've been so busy seeing him has this barrier to what I want, that I haven't realized that I was creating the struggle with him...and that underneath all that is this guy who loves me and is trying to be open to our family's growth. Your words melted my heart a bit and I thank you for them. I'll have to get reading them over and over to reinforce them!!  Thank...
Congrats Maya and Gumblossom!!! I am so thrilled for both of you. CONGRATS!  It's so encouraging to see women get pregnant on this thread. I swear you made my evening!   Things are o.k. at my house. They've settled after the birthday disaster and we're heading out for a date later tonight. We talked last week and DH said that I keep waiting for him to agree to have another child and that's never going to happen, that he won't make some sort of solid agreement about...
Thank you everyone for the support. I appreciate the kind words. You're right about a few things, I know that for sure. It was just Monday, wasn't it, Litmama? And I also believe in an extended birthday as several of you mentioned. And it was good that he was initially interested in the contract idea. I have a friend that I talked to over the weekend. She said that there was a time when her and her DH were locked in a struggle over sex so much that they were barely...
That's a great testimony for the family bed! Glad your brother is ok!   SpiralChrissy
Our DS has his own room and bed and falls asleep in his bed. If he wakes in the night, he can always come in our bed if he wants. We also let him fall asleep with us on Thursday nights in our bed. That makes it a special treat where we all pile in, read together and fall asleep. DS is almost 8 and that's our arrangement. It allow everyone to have privacy but also gives room to support DS when he needs it. And family bed night is just fun!
Writing my sad little birthday post today. So, I turned 40 today and didn't get to greet this day in a happy way after all. DH and I got in a  fight about ttc that ended with him leaving the house and me sitting here alone, ON MY BIRTHDAY. I'm so sad about this. He really tried to make it a good birthday, but since he's so ttc reluctant and all I really want is to get the green light for pregnancy, of course, I wasn't happy enough. I just don't know what to do to with...