or Connect

Posts by SpiralChrissy

Kristin I am right there with you on the stress level. I get stressed very easily and I also think I'm highly prone to getting stressed out. I hear you. I think that it is important to look at this as a possible issue to fertility. It seems like anything we can do to increase the odds is worth it, right? Part of my problem is the work. I work full-time in a job that can, at times, be very demanding and require lots of extra hours and energy. Thankfully, I'm at the end of...
Thanks for the book tip, Stethee! I'll check it out after I read this one.   Gumblossom, how's it going?   Luvbeingamama. Welcome back! I'm new here but glad to meet you!   Congrats to everyone on being a part of this journey. It takes hope and courage to try. I'm so glad you are and that I am too!
I forgot all about Teecino! I used to drink that ages ago. I'll have to get over to Whole Foods this weekend!
Thanks for the Preseed tip. It's funny because after I read about PreSeed on here, I went and read a pregnancy book and there PreSeed was again. I think I'll try it!
I had lunch today with a group of 8 co-workers. Of that group, one had her son when she was 41. She said she tried all sorts of fertility measures. It wasn't until they stopped all that and gave up on the whole thing that she got pregnant. Another one of my co-workers had her children at age 41 and 43. It gave me hope. I'll be following up with both of them to learn more! It was great to have them both at the table and I was encouraged.   I also got the book Making...
What's Preseed? I am ready to try anything! :)
I think it can start working right away, right? I think I need to up my Vitex based on what y'all are saying. I'm not taking enough. I may try to switch to the liquid once my current bottle of pills run out. I have been having some breakthru bleeding but I think that's more about some other meds I've been taking and my stress level. So, if I'm getting it right, 800 - 1000 mg is a good level of Vitex?    And how does it actually work? My cycle has been short and I've...
Good point mamas! I do try to eat quality meats and cheeses that are minimally processed. I spend lots of time at the farmer's markets. I will keep this in mind as a go thru my shopping. I did stock up on good, healthy fruits and veggies for the week. I am eating better so far. I know it's only Wednesday but I'm counting it as progress!  I will try to find Dandy Blend, thanks Treehuggihippie! I cut back to 1 big mug in the morning, now I just have to whittle that down to...
Exciting to hear the successes around here! Good luck to those who are pregnant. I wish you all the best. It was great o see the list that you posted, Kristin0105. That was very encouraging as I am about to enter the 40+ club. I believe that believing it is possible helps make it possible, so seeing that post and hearing from you mamas, is very encouraging!!!   Gumblossom- I totally relate to what you're saying about the Secret, the Power and the Law of Attraction....
I say no. I've ready studies that suggest that screen time before bed makes it hard for kids (or adults) to get restful sleep. It messes with your melatonin levels. We read before bed and then let the kiddo read or play with a toy while lying down to put him to sleep. He watches tv when we first get home from school/work for 1/2 hour and that's it. He'd love to watch more and surely would love to watch at bedtime, but I don't think it's a good idea.   Hope that helps!