or Connect

Posts by SpiralChrissy

Hi. I don't know if anyone here has any knowledge of this, but I thought I'd try. Here I go, out with it. I have this toe fungus thing under one of my toe nails. For this my GP recommended Terbinafine which is like lamasil, I guess. Anyway, I've always had regular periods, right on track, until a month after I started taking the Terbinafine. 1 month into the meds, and my period started coming every 1.5 - 2 weeks! I have also been stressed during this time so it could be...
I love this thread! I am trying to focus on diet and health to prepare for pregnancy. Let me begin by saying that I love coffee with a deep and abiding passion, but knowing that I'd like to be pregnant more, I will start cutting back today. I sometimes have coffee in the afternoon in addition to with breakfast. I'll skip the p.m. cup today and drop from 2+ am cups to 1.  I will also spend time this week planning meals that involve more fruits and veggies and less meat...
Hi everyone! Thanks for letting me join you. I am excited to move forward in trying to get pregnant. I've been trying to bring this into our lives for the past few years but my DH has been reluctant and so we've only 1/2 been trying...which of course didn't quite work. As I approach 40 next month,  I am feeling the pressure of time to get this pregnancy project into high gear. Thankfully DH appears to be coming around to the urgency of it. We had a good conversation last...
Thanks everyone. I'll see what happens!
I'm all off cycle. I used to know. I had all my data in my iphone and it broke. I'll go back and try to see if I can sort out when I would have ovulated. I guess it was probably in that 7 - 10 days ago range though. Of course, with the first bleeding post period, which was very strange, it surely is possible that this 2nd bleed is an indication that something's wrong or off with my body. I don't know and it's making me a bit crazy. What a wild month. Can I just say that...
I say social work! I got my social work degree 10+ years ago, my MSW. I love it. What I love about it is that there are so many directions you can go with a social work degree. You can do counseling, do advocacy, administration, work with a host of different programs and issues. I've never regretted it. I was drawn to it for the social justice and the chance to make a difference. Maybe you should take a class and try it out?  At my college you can take a dual degree...
I don't know. I actually posted a similar question myself today. I don't know if I"m starting another period, two weeks after the first, somehow or if I've gotten some implantation bleeding. For the past week and 2 days-ish, I've had some spotting intermittently, some nausea, some cramping, and some other symptoms I won't mention at the moment. I hope it's implantation somehow and I hope that for you too!! I know it does happen in 20 to 30% of women. Here's hoping that...
Hi. I'm just wondering if I could possibly join you. I'm getting ready to 40 one month from today. I can't believe it's coming that quickly. I have always been happy about my age and aging. It's never worried me and honestly, forty sounds just great to me, except for the fact that I want one more baby before I'm finished and I feel time slipping away so quickly!  My DS is 7, going on 8. I've wanted a second for several years but have had a lot of difficulty convincing DH...
I have felt a presence of a very happy little girl sometimes. It may sound silly but sometimes I talk to her in the car. She's such a cheerful little spirit. I'll talk to her about being ready to have her join our family, about our lives here and inviting her in. I always almost giddy during these experiences. I do think sometimes she's telling me not to worry, that she's on her way and that she'll be with us all the time soon. I surely hope that's true. We're ready for...
Thanks for writing, mamas. It is reddish brown. It hasn't been like a regular period. That week after my period ended, it was brownish and almost tissue-y and spotty. I was crampy then too. Today it's probably reddish brown, but flowing more. I don't need a pad yet, but it comes out when I go to the bathroom. Sorry, that's probably TMI but I'm just trying to sort it out. I am fully aware that I'm prone to being overly hopeful about TTC, but I am curious this time since...