or Connect

Posts by -Resque-

Breastfeeding was very rocky for us in the beginning- DS was taken away from me immediately after birth, and I wasn't allowed to see him for several hours. He lost a TON of weight in hospital (we were there for a week, with him in the NICU- I pumped and syringe fed him the whole time, as he would not latch), and in the week after we were released- he lost over 12% of his birth weight and didn't start regaining until 3 weeks old. After working with an LC at home (the...
So with the whole 13 pounds and Ergo thing... Fin weighs 13 pounds, but his legs don't stretch out to where the backs of his knees hang out over both sides... isn't that where they are supposed to go? Does my kid just have super short legs? If not, what do you do with your babies legs in there? He has MORE than enough neck strength to not need the insert anymore, and can see out pretty well with his butt in the seat part. I just have no idea what to do with his legs! 
Breastfeeding was very rocky for us in the beginning- DS was taken away from me immediately after birth, and I wasn't allowed to see him for several hours. He lost a TON of weight in hospital (we were there for a week, with him in the NICU- I pumped and syringe fed him the whole time, as he would not latch), and in the week after we were released. After working with an LC at home (the hospital provided ones were terrible!) I finally got him latching. Thankfully, our family...
So I am going back to work in two weeks and decided to start pumping a bit so I'd have a small stash. I will be feeding him at lunch every day, so I figure he'll probably have two bottles a day- one in the morning, one in the afternoon. That will be about 2.5 hours between all feedings, which I think he can manage. I read on kellymom that you want to plan for 1 to 1.5 ounces for every hour you're away from baby, so just to be very safe, I thought 4 or 5 ounces per bottle....
Pbbbbbbt, mommy....
I have a much worse story... I cut someone ELSE'S babies skin! I used to nanny, and was trimming nails one day and cut a HUGE chunk out of the little guy's thumb. It bled BUCKETS, and he cried so much. I cried right along with him, and haven't clipped nails on a baby since. Had no problem doing it on our two foster kids, 2 and 4, but have yet to clip my own son's nails... my husband feels the same way, so the only time DS gets his nails clipped is when we remember to take...
Haven't posted in this thread in a long time, but I had to come by to say... I just paid off our last credit card! We paid off around $60,000 in debt in the last 4 years. It sucked (a LOT at times!) but it's gone now and will NEVER be coming back! Next we are moving on to paying off our minivan. Shouldn't take long at all, thankfully. 
SO happy to announce the arrival of Griffin Edward. After laboring for 24 hours, two of them pushing, he was born via c-section at 4:44am July 26th. He weighed in at 9 pounds 10.2 ounces and was 20 3/4 long. Three weeks ago, they estimated his size at 6.5 pounds!    He has taken to breast feeding like a dream, and although he's in the NICU for an infection currently, he has not needed any liquids or pacifiers other than Mama. Can't WAIT to get him home.
I go in for an induction tomorrow morning. I'm very ready. There hasn't been a single moment of a single day where I wasn't sure this baby was going to die, too. I won't feel better until he's outside of me. My body doesn't have a good track record for keeping things alive inside of it. I also have gestational diabetes, and I'm ready to be done with that! 
Today, I completed 40 weeks of pregnancy.    I feel like renting an airplane to write it across the sky. Buying myself a gold medal, and wearing it forever. Writing a paper about it, and then giving myself a gold star and an A plus. Building a shrine to it. Designing a building in honor of it, and then living in that building forever.   I may be incredibly miserable physically, but if I could, I would be jumping for joy every second.  I DID IT.