or Connect

Posts by Butter is Better

Quote:   I feel you on the financial piece....I am a little sad to see our savings account go down down down after we worked so hard to build up a nest egg....but I guess that is what it is there for. The hospital coinsurance will be our biggest expense....like $2K - $3K for a vaginal delivery! Plus $500 for a doula...$300 for childbirth classes....plus plus plus! I guess I just have to trust God will provide! My husband just started a new job too, but thank god is doing...
  I also had very vivid dreams in the 1st trimester, and not as many in the 2nd....I am sure that gearing up the birth the dreams will be back!    
Quote: Hi birdhappy85 have you tried seeing a chiropractor? I swear it has helped with my insomnia significantly (still not gone....but improved) also seeing a chiro that specializes in pregnant women (I believe the use the webster's technique) is supposed to really help out with the baby being positioned correctly, helps them not only not be breech but also be in the optimal position. Just thought I would share because I am new to it as well and was glad someone told me...
Quote:   birdhappy85 I am a light sleeper too! I swear when I wake up at night to pee I end up waking the baby up too! He must be a light sleeper like his momma! hehe I just hope he likes to sleep as much as I do once he is born. My mom told me that when I was a baby she took me to the ped concerned bc I slept so much....he was like...nothing to worry about (since I was gaining weight and all that)....he was like enjoy it! I am hoping my little one will take after me in...
As a FTM every stage of pregnancy is very new to me. Now that I am in my 3rd trimester (currently 28 weeks) this baby is starting to move a lot! So much so that sometimes its almost a little startling! I am so used on only feeling him move here and there. Now I guess he is big enough to where I feel him more.   It's a very sweet sensation, but it takes some getting used to. Part of me is like....woah...is this normal... lol. I know it is, but still...   Is it...
Got adjusted by the chiro yesterday and it still took me till 1 or 2 am to fall asleep! Soooooo frustrating! Honestly I think I am going to start resorting to drinking 1 or 2 oz (not glasses) of wine at night before bed to relax (at least on days when I am feeling wired).... A light wine, like a pinot grigio. I feel better about doing that then taking a sleeping pill!
It is 5 am and I still have not slept a wink. Thank god I am scheduled to go to the chiropractor tomorrow...or today really. Now, just debating if I should call in sick today...I will probably just tough it out It seems like everytime I am due for a chiropractic adjustment I sleep poorly. How I wish I could get adjusted every day so I could sleep like a champ. I even made a point to drink Chamomile tea before bed....you would have thought I had drank 3 espressos by how...
Gotcha....well that's comforting! A bit at least!
Ah! So scary! Is it painful once it's inside out? Also, just bc it goes inside out, doesn't mean you have a hernia right?
My belly button is starting to freak me out, I am always analyzing it, trying to figure out what is going on with it.   It is def getting flatter, and is a little tender to the touch on the top part of it. It feels like there is a ligament right about my belly button that is really sensitive.   I am just hoping nothing crazy happens with it!