or Connect

Posts by edamommy

Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeBeans : I'll have to go with your MIL and SIL on this one Those are totally normal assesment tests so the teacher knows who needs attention in what areas. so, it's AOK w/ you for your child to be put in a "different" class based on his/her skipping ability?
Quote: Originally Posted by mightymoo My mom was a kindergarten teacher, she ran those tests. At least in my mom's classroom they are not entrance tests, they are assessment tests - they just see where the child is at the start of kindergarten, developmentally. The teachers see children at all levels and can tell whether a child just doesn't want to skip, versus has a developmental issue. Would you prefer they not test the children at all and just teach...
so my neice is entering kindergarten. In order to "get in" they had to pass a series of little tests. including "skipping", writing name, writing alphabet, etc... their ability to do it or not determind which "group/class" they would be in. I had such an issue w/ this. I mean, what if my child simply didn't want to skip that day.. .then he'd have to go to the non-skippers group that "needs more help w/ motor skills"? My MIL and SIL thought me nuts to get so bent out...
well, i'm sorry. I don't have a ferret. or a cat. but i love both. and I WILL add that declawing is cruel and awful. Aside from cruelty issues... getting the cat as a kitten would allow the cat to grow w/ the ferrets and declawing would be silly... as the ferretts will have the upperhand while the cat is a kitten anyway... and the kitten will learn to be nice w/ the ferrets.
Quote: Originally Posted by wonderwahine because its his body, his choice, and hes 73yrs old, so hes fully entitiled to make his own choices, and enjoy a big mac if he feels like it. And overweight people don't want your support, they want you to keep your judgements to yourself and do the job you were hired to do, and not discuss them with other people, because that is wrong and breaking patient confidentiality. UUUMMMM okay, I DO NOT BREAK...
Quote: Originally Posted by wonderwahine My FIL is an overweight diabetic, yes he eats crap, but he also can't move around to excercise, because he is disabled, and he has bad feet and knees from various injurys, bone deformitys and arthritis. He also deals with ongoing cellulitis, and has had a quadruple bypass, and I would expect when he calls his drs office to complain of a pain in his legs, that he never got anyone like you, because his pain and...
Quote: Originally Posted by armonia Many people have thankless, rewardless jobs. That is not exclusive to receptionists. And many people get asked questions all day at work. Ummm, dUH! This I know! I've not been a receptionist my entire life. Working in retail... also thankless and rewardless and full of idiotic questions! Waiting tables... also. Legal assistant... yep. I suppose anytime you have to deal w/ the general public you are...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood GEESH remind me to never call your office. why would you worry about calling my office? Do you ask stupid pointless questions?
I'm a receptionist. sure, we judge people off and on throughout any given day. We answer the freaking telephone like two times a minute for 10 hour days. We answer the worlds MOST STUPID questions with every phone call (ie: "it's urgent I speak w. Dr. D******, " okay, sounds like life or death so I go on and ask for a direct WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION OR SITUATION and the patient may (has) say " My three year old was bit by a black fly, should we go to the er or make an...
Quote: Originally Posted by sebandg'smama "Have you told the children that you may be kicked out if they run inside? I know if I told my ds that (he's 4) he would STOP running for sure." Yikes! Talk about horrible guilt for the child to carry if the family does get evicted! "Son it was your fault!" : OP; sending positive thoughts your way that this will get resolved so that you can enjoy your pregnancy and birth. Melanie doy! no, that's...