or Connect

Posts by signingmamma

Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame was not a princess and that's DD favorite disney character, that and Aladdin and he ended up being part of royalty too But I like the idea of a black disney princess, even though we dont go to the movies much. We'll end up seeing if DD wants too.
Here in Spain is 6, but they are trying to change that and make it um -earlier- Anyway, most parent opt to enroll their kids in the second phase of preschool which starts at age 3. DD started in the second year of the second phase becuase I felt she wasn't ready. Which caused flames across other parents who said that I was spoiling her and that I was going to make her selfish... Oh well, I live in a country where homeschooling is illegal so .
Umm I dont live in the US but DD's school offers French and LSE to the 3-6 year olds, LSE once a week for two hours and French/Spanish bilingual system. They offer Catalan, French, and German. From year 1 to 4 the parents can pick one language and from year 5 to 6 it's up to the kids, if they want the 3 languages they can pick the three. I'm not aware of the level though, I dont know if the kids finish school being completely fluent. Surprisingly they don't offer english...
OK DD was allright some days ago with some cough and runny nose, I thought it was a regular cold. But she got high fever 40°C (no idea in F) very early in the morning and we took her to the ER, she got the proper testing and she has the swine flu. She stayed in the hospital for the rest of the day and she was just realeased. She's now sleeping peacefully and she seemed fine and content after being realeased... The deal is that she stayed in the hospital becuase she has...
Umm many of you have issues with that, is that an American thing??? Heck, I don't know and I dont want to offend. But I'm European so that may be the deal it's not like the kids are bathing with strangers, the grandparents are family. I find it curious that several say that they find it ok with their own mothers but not with MIL, um mil is the grandma too This is definately an American thing, becuase none of the parents I know are like this, oh well to each their own...
I'll go for Mikel becuase Micheal will sound like "Michelle" which is a girl's name...
um, my BIL is a cop not in the US, but in my own country and he's the nicest man that I know off, what he does in his job is none of my business, becuase that's why tell him to do and I respect it, not his fault. I will just leave the matter alone, I mean he's 3. Let him play. And I don't think I will even talk about this matter with DD, I mean I dont wnat her to think what a horrible person her lovely uncle is everytime he sees him Just my opinion...
Quote: Originally Posted by rainyday It wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't bother the kids. That And they are the grandparents, i wont even give it a second thought...
Yes, it varies a lot though. We also have Catalan Sign Language and Basque I think but I'm not sure within the same country. DD is not hearing impaired by the way, DH is deaf so we use it a lot. DD is starting school next week her last year of Kindy School:
Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa Welcome signingmama What's LSE? Lengua de Signos Español, it's the spaniard version of ASL and thanks for the warm welcome. I'm delighted that a public school is offeringa program like this, not even private school do it. It's a beautiful and difficult thing LSE just as every other sign language...