or Connect

Posts by nankilicious

Hansens Ginger Ale has been helping, or some mineral water mixed with juice. Avoiding certain triggers like anything tomato is reallly important-which is funny, bc last pregnancy all I could eat was pizza! Anyway, if things are really awful, my mw said I could take a B6 and unisom, or actually, she said benadryl does the same thing, and I had that in the house so I take a tsp of that, and it reallllly helps. And dairy helps me...cold milk, ice cream, not a lot, but...
We have a crib sidecarred for our almost 3 yo but she never sleeps in it. We also have a packn play with bassinet thing to use for naps when baby is little enough to still be in it...but I think we will still all cosleep in some arrangement.
I am totally sick, not hungry for much. Absolutely cannot eat anything with tomato. blech. am eating steak quesadilla, steak, mango salsa and chips (mango, cuke, red onion, cilantro, lime, jalapeno) cream cheese on bagels or crackers, cold cereal. milk and dairy really quell my swimmy stomach, oddly. usually I have lactose intolerance. My last preg I ate milk fine, too. generally I feel sick from the moment I get up all day long. And have started barfing daily. Last...
Well, the cold is over and she is nursing again, but not nearly as much as she used to, and often refuses. I think it must taste different. Since she has always nursed to sleep, this is really making things crazy around here. She wont nurse to sleep, and is totally miserable and doesnt want to cuddle either. This is going to be a tough transition, I think. The whole pregnancy. Poor Zibby.
I want to get one of those tiny potties that fit in your lap for ECing, plus we may need some M size covers eventually. If it is a boy, we'll need some clothes, but honestly, thats about it. I may have a doula which will cost a bunch, but that depends.... N
I literally just wrote such a similar post in the DDC for Sept babies! I am currently 7 wks pg, my dd is 3 next month, and she's been telling me I am out of milk, and today refused to nurse at all. its so hard! hugs, mama
7 wks pg, and still nursing my almost 3 yo. A few times this week she told me there was no more milk. I am really surprised that its happening so early, especially since I have always tended towards oversupply! Plus, she has had a nasty cold all week, so stuffed up that its been hard for her to nurse and breathe at the same time...so she hasnt been nursing very much at all-down from several times a day, plus naps, plus few times during the night--today she nursed for...
The main thing I am doing differently this time is planning a home birth. We still have all of our stuff from the first time around-plus now I have a bazillion slings, cds in every size, little potties (we plan to do some EC this time, I guess that is different) etc. We certainly dont need any clothes or toys or accessories. We have a bouncy/rocker chair, pack n play (used the bassinet feature, then ended up cosleeping anyhow) but in retrospect, what we used the most...
The first one I called Bump. We havent come up with a definitive name for this one, but I like BITO I cant do anything food related (bean, peanut) cuz it just grosses me out!
Ive heard of moms pinching or stimulating their nipples to help them draw out before a feeding, or using an ice cube...at least in the beginning. I think flat nipples are "better" than inverted nipples- flat nipples can often be "trained" to stick out more. And babies breastfeed, not nipplefeed, so with some more info and support this time around, you are more likely to have success. I recommend checking on kellymom.com and searching "flat nipples" and mastitis and...