or Connect

Posts by slinden

TCM = traditional chinese medicine
Wow, like others my 4 yo (also born in May) sounds SO similar. Split personality depending on what side of the bed they wake up on, odd clinginess and fears/anxiety occurring only in particular instances quite at odds with the normal outgoing personality, trouble with hitting, spitting, etc; laughing at requests, running off in stores, and maybe even some of the pukiness as a kid but otherwise generally really resilient. We're very close and I'm generally very patient (try...
I think we're going to try a different dentist next time.   Gitanamama--That's interesting. Sounds like your son and mine do share some very similar traits. It's funny, because I think my son has much more of an extroverted personality but doesn't know how to properly express it, somehow. Like, I feel like he comes across as shy but really isn't. IDK--I'm definetly an introvert and I know that I have a very different personality at home and with loved ones that I do...
Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully watching a cleaning or two of mine will do the trick.  
Hello,   My soon to be 4 year old boy (less then a month away) seems to be afraid of the dentist. When he was very young (about 1) he had to have major sedation dentistry and four caps put on his upper front teeth due to poor tooth integrity. They never really said what was wrong, but that his teeth didn't form well in utero. Anyhow, he's been to the dentist since then, probably around a year ago. Although my son seemed shy and a bit nervous at first, he did fine the...
Thanks for the ideas, katelove. he was sitting right at the front, but you know, i might just let him sit on my lap if he wants to, i mean what is the problem about doing that, really? i think i just let myself be peer pressured inadvertantly. although, i talked with my husband and if DS wants to go back another time, i think DH will take off a bit of work (he works nearby) to drop in and let DS sit on his lap while we read. i think that sounds like a sweet potential...
well, he wanted to, and i am obviously ok with that :) but i didn't want it to seem like favoritism or something since all the other kids were there. plus it seemed like the other adult helpers were being pretty stern about the kids staying in their seats, so i guess i didn't want him to seem favored in that way.
yeah, it is possible. it was totally voluntary on my part for him to be there, i just thought it would be neat to have him there. :(  
OK, super clunky title. Sorry I couldn't think of a more succinct way to put it.   Here's the deal-- I just started a new job as a library director where I'll be leading a reading time for preschool aged kids. My son is 3.5 so my mom (who watches him when I am at work) brought him in to sit with us.   DS was so happy to see me and wanted to sit with me... in the middle of the story, while all the other kids had to stay seated. I kept telling him he needed to go...
Wow, thanks again, kmamma, for your input! I'm surprised to hear about the distance you speak of between child and adult. That is quite interesting. I have a 3.5 year old boy and so my husband and I are moving into the childhood stage of parenting.   My husband's family's heritage is German on both parents' side (though we do suspect some Swedish ancestry), and mine is German/Danish and Norwegian, but we're both US citizens, as well as our parents and grandparents....