or Connect

Posts by ~cassie

Mine also like Crocs, mainly for the fact that they can splash in them without ruining them, they are comfy, and easy to put on.
I recently accepted a position in Fayetteville, NC as a nurse.  It is a huge change for us,  moving 14 hours away to a town we know very little about.  I have researched schools and have found the top schools, however, it is very hard to find out regarding their special needs stuff.  My middle son was born deaf, has cochlear implants, and currently his speech is age appropriate.  However, he still receives speech to help him with articulation as well as some reading...
I accepted a nursing position in Fayetteville and we will be moving there this summer(middle of July most likely!)  Looking for recommendations on pediatricians, audiologists(have a deaf kiddo), speech therapists, as well as any other info you would like to share!  This is a big move for us, 14 hours away from our Louisiana home, and we are sad to say goodbye to all of our medical staff we know and love!  We staggered our vaxes and now all of our children are fully...
I think 10-11 is fine depending on the kid.  My oldest is 8 and I don't see it happening in 2 years bc he is very immature.  I would definitely have clear rules and a designated place to meet at a specific time every 2-3 hours.
My best thought would be to do a playdate for him at the same time and that way he will not feel left out but will leave his sister alone.
Thank you so much everyone!  He got a referral again today :( He is mainly refusing to work, I think our big thing here is motivation.  He just doesn't want to do it.  My husband talked to his teacher this evening(I was at work) and she is going to let him come to class tomorrow and IF he works, then she will allow him to not go to the office.  I think I will write her a note though so we can maybe see about a behavioral plan bc what they are doing now is obviously not...
I am at my wits end.  My soon to be 8 yr old is just not there.  He has ADHD, is on Focalin 15 mg XR and it works really well.  He is able to focus really well at school and at home and his impulses seem to be controlled most of the time.  He is in 2nd grade and this year has just been a period of ups and downs.  He does great some weeks, other weeks/days he does horribly.  He is really rough on the playground with other kids yet after repeated warnings, he is not...
3 boys here and they are very very loud! 
I think the best thing may be to make some clothing if they know anyone at all that can sew.  They could then actually tailor the clothes to her exact waist size without it being so long.
Yes I do.  I think it shows respect for your things and frankly I don't want to step on a million legos(those things hurt!).  My kids share a room.  They are expected to pick the stuff up off the floor and put up when done, every day.  The 4 yr old isn't a big help(but my other kids at 4 were big helpers).  I do help them and make it fun but they are a part of the family and I don't have the time or energy to go in there all the time cleaning behind them,  I also make...