or Connect

Posts by SHRTSASSY

We tried to allow my son to self-regulate. About 2 years ago, he was hounding me to play and acting like an addict needing a fix. I was so irritated that I told him to just go play. He played....for 2 days straight...he only stopped for meals, potty breaks and sleep. He had a stiff neck. I went into his room to tell him lunch was ready and he had to turn his whole body to look at me. We keep his portable game system out of his room because I have caught him playing...
I was addicted to Ms. PacMan in my teen years. My ex-husband bought our DS a Nintendo system for xmas when he was just 4 years old. I was furious but unfortunately there was nothing I could do since it was at his home. I didn't have a problem with video games but didn't want to introduce them at such a young age. Fast forward 7 years and my DS was just diagnosed with ADHD last September. I also have ADHD but can't help but wonder if my DS would still have developed it...
I came onto the boards to see if I could find recommendations for natural remedies. I am currently taking Concerta as is my 11 year old son. It wasn't until I started researching ADHD for my son that I realized I had it too. I was seeing my own school years replayed in him. Talking too much, underachieving. I so wish that my parents knew about this when I was his age. I went from early elementary grade wanting to skip me a grade to having to go to summer school just...
True! Haven't had one since last May. The person below me lives in the Pacific Northwest.
I don't have any advice either...just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. My mom has always been the "child" in our relationship. She is never there for me when I need her but I know that she expects me to take care of her when the time comes. I mentioned that I am cataloging all the excuses she has given me when I have asked for her help to use on her when her time comes (the latest "I have to make my bed"). She says she will pay someone to take care of...
I had set aside a large area of my yard for my vegetable garden last spring but my pregnancy got in the way and I didn't start. I did, however, add lots of organic compost. Well I am ready this year. After doing some research, I decided to go with the Square Foot Gardening method. In that method, they state that hardly anyone has good gardening soil. While I was planting some seeds for starting indoors, my husband and sons were pulling weeds in the area I had...
I used it for about six months and constantly had breakthrough bleeding. Not sure if you were only looking for healthwise bad stuff or nuisance stuff also. Didn't really make we want to be romantic when I never knew if I was going to be bleeding or not. Plus all the ruined panties. Forgot to mention that I have heard of other women not getting periods at all while they were on Depo Provera which I guess could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.
My DH and I are considering hiring a postpartum doula since we don't have any family close by. I am just curious to see what other people's experiences have been like with postpartum doulas. We have a 2½ year old and a 9 year old also. How did the doula handle meals? How much housekeeping was done? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I am looking for the same information. Thanks.
I just assumed my dh was a neanderthal also. I had sent the link to my sister-in-law who loved it. My dh read her reply e-mail and wanted to see the video. I watched it with him and cried again. I went to get a tissue and compose myself and heard him sniffling!!! I said "are you crying"...he was so cute, tried to play it all cool, no, not me