or Connect

Posts by t2009

I don't have any advice but wanted to chime in since I am currently reading "Your Money or Your Life" & trying to get a handle on my family's financials.   I make a decent salary & my husband supplements it with part-time work. I feel we are comfortable but this is the first time we've had a good salary in our lives & we honestly don't know what we are doing. My son is almost 4 & we haven't started any college savings. I owe a ton on my student loans but I am...
I'm so excited I just ordered my seeds yesterday! I think I'll be cutting it close with my hierloom tomatoes & sweet peppers (our last frost predicted around April 20 & so time is ticking...).   We are in an apartment with a backyard. We built one raised bed last year & I did some square-foot garding. I plan to make two more raised beds as I overbought peat last year & a family member said I could have his compost!   I also just ordered worms for vermicomposting...
Love the ideas here! Coming up on our 10 year anniversary & I still have mine hanging in my closet, uncleaned. Maybe for our anniversary, I'll get it cleaned!!   I bought the material for my own dress (a lovely silk) & had it made by a costume designer -- the whole thing cost me maybe $250 -- I am super attached to it. It is simple but has some personal touches.   My mother did not wear my grandmother's dress & when I was little, she cut it down so I could play...
Just ordered the GladRags heavy flow kit (& another brand for comparison) ... I can't wait!!
I've been using Bare Minerals for years but I'm looking to switch to something else. I find their foundation to be too drying for & I'm also not thrilled with the ingredients. Any suggestions? I'm open to a foundation that is not a powder but I think for now I prefer powders - just something with moisture & no talc.
OP, I had the same question when I was using the crystal deodorant but I looked into it & it is not aluminum, it is a form of the ammonium. At least that's what my research at the time told me. It was many years ago, though, so I can't tell you 100%.
I'm glad I added the water. I do think the commercial yogurt is not liquid enough. If I can plan ahead next time, I'll try straining some yogurt to get some whey. Or just mix yogurt & water. Or try ACV. I was surprised that it was not sour! It soaked for about 20 hours & did not have the sour scent I detect (& have grown to like) when I make oatmeal or soak other whole grains. The only thing that was strange once I started baking is that I was certain it was done as it...
After soaking whole grains for quite a while, I'm ready to jump into baking with soaked grains. I'm trying out NT's banana bread recipe, which calls for 3 cups of whole wheat flour & 2 cups of soaking medium. I am using store bought (good quality) yogurt. It's whole milk & so quite thick. I mixed it all together & I'm certain it's not right - the yogurt doesn't have enough liquid to really "soak" anything! I've added some room-temp water. It pretty much just looks like...
This is a great thread! Tho I don't think I'll ever make it thru the whole thing (I tried). I like washing with honey. Been doing it for almost 2 weeks. I have to admit its a bit drying (could also just be the weather) and I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin. I just broke out a little a couple days ago. I will say my breakouts have seemed to clear up much more quickly with honey. I also started using coconut oil but that wasn't moisturizing enough so I bought...
Thank you, Tracy, for answering my other post on this forum - I never did get back to it to follow up. I have two questions. One - I'm just making this switch so how many pads should I start with? I figure I'll have to add on as I go so I don't want to start with too many but what's a good solid starting point? My periods are often very heavy. Also, I tried the Diva cup. As with tampons, it would be fine for about 1/2 or 3/4 of the day but then I just couldn't insert it...