or Connect

Posts by t2009

OP, I had the same question when I was using the crystal deodorant but I looked into it & it is not aluminum, it is a form of the ammonium. At least that's what my research at the time told me. It was many years ago, though, so I can't tell you 100%.
I'm glad I added the water. I do think the commercial yogurt is not liquid enough. If I can plan ahead next time, I'll try straining some yogurt to get some whey. Or just mix yogurt & water. Or try ACV. I was surprised that it was not sour! It soaked for about 20 hours & did not have the sour scent I detect (& have grown to like) when I make oatmeal or soak other whole grains. The only thing that was strange once I started baking is that I was certain it was done as it...
After soaking whole grains for quite a while, I'm ready to jump into baking with soaked grains. I'm trying out NT's banana bread recipe, which calls for 3 cups of whole wheat flour & 2 cups of soaking medium. I am using store bought (good quality) yogurt. It's whole milk & so quite thick. I mixed it all together & I'm certain it's not right - the yogurt doesn't have enough liquid to really "soak" anything! I've added some room-temp water. It pretty much just looks like...
This is a great thread! Tho I don't think I'll ever make it thru the whole thing (I tried). I like washing with honey. Been doing it for almost 2 weeks. I have to admit its a bit drying (could also just be the weather) and I haven't noticed a huge difference in my skin. I just broke out a little a couple days ago. I will say my breakouts have seemed to clear up much more quickly with honey. I also started using coconut oil but that wasn't moisturizing enough so I bought...
Thank you, Tracy, for answering my other post on this forum - I never did get back to it to follow up. I have two questions. One - I'm just making this switch so how many pads should I start with? I figure I'll have to add on as I go so I don't want to start with too many but what's a good solid starting point? My periods are often very heavy. Also, I tried the Diva cup. As with tampons, it would be fine for about 1/2 or 3/4 of the day but then I just couldn't insert it...
Have you considered a nanny share? Or if you have an AP or LLL group in your area maybe you can find an AP mama who would care for your child along with her own for slightly less cost to you? We did a nanny share & it was really wonderful. We found a nanny who would rock my son to sleep, wear him & respect our parenting approach. Then we found a family who was not necessarily AP but great nonetheless. We meshed well & got the care we wanted for our son. Good luck with...
My experience mirrors pastormama's in many ways. The first thing I did with NT, was to book mark the short bit on busy families (I think it's one of the appendices). That gave me encouragement to keep making small changes & served as a reminder that this isn't "easy" or "convenient" in the ways we are used to in mainstream culture. I experiment with new techniques when I have the time, but I don't kill myself. Over the summer, when we were starting on this adventure, I...
I also would not recommend adding brine if you don't have to. I did it once during fermentation & it basically stopped fermenting on the 2nd day that I added the brine (I added it twice). On a related note, I added brine because I thought that the cabbage needed to be covered in liquid during fermentation. If that's accurate you may need to add bride earlier in the process. I would think the liquid would be more important while its out on the counter & less so when you...
OK. A couple of quick thoughts (coming from a mom of a 3.5 y/o who doesn't do the same thing quite but can get on my nerves very easily).   Any way you can turn this into a game? Fall on the ground with him & give him a bear hug. Or tumble on the floor with him. Maybe he needs more of the physical rough play than a simple hug.   If not, try getting down (not on the floor but kneeling maybe) to make eye contact. And try something like: "Honey, you asked for X & I...
Thank you for the support, ladies! Mtiger, sorry to hear you are going through something similar. It sounds like a tough situation & I wouldn't wish the likes of even what I'm experiencing on anyone! Quinalla, I love the "it's her, not me" mantra. And I think you're right about asking lots of questions. As you might guess, she is not a super-effective manager so I definitely think I need to buck up & as more questions!