or Connect

Posts by t2009

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up using just one small pepper & was careful to remove all the seeds. It wasn't spicy at all & I think the pepper added some extra flavor -- it was delish (though DS only nibbled on a piece or two, which is alright).
You are so right, tangledblue! I was even thinking as I was getting angry with DS that this was just not right (I even detected a little smile on his face at one point, like, "ha, mama! Gotcha!"). So I tried staying super calm & boring last night & between DH & I we had to go in & walk him back to bed around 30 times. But we both were calm & short. Tonight so far he hasn't eve gotten out of bed & it's still "early" compared to what it's been recently! I know tomorrow...
Yellow73, funny that your kids stopped coming to you right at 4. We really don't mind DS coming into bed with us, as long as he starts out in his own bed (he's never been able to calm down at the beginning of the night next to me or DH). I actually feel the worst for telling DS he couldn't come to our room. As for naps, we'll see. For now it seems like he still needs some napping during the day but I think cutting back might be good... This may be the start of...
Take care of yourself crunchy_mommy! Would it help to glob onto another "label" (TF or paleo?) Maybe not to address your need to control food intake but at least to give you focus & reason to keep feeding yourself? I don't know if that makes sense. I know I find myself reaching for another label -- it's just what I'm used to... I've identified myself with my diet for so long it doesn't make sense to me not to have a name for the way I eat. I figure it's probably not...
Hi there! I'm a "recovering" vegetarian (sometimes vegan) & just ordered "Nourishing Traditions" -- I'm so excited to read it!! And to get started soaking & eventually fermenting! Just wanted to drop by & also wondering if anyone has any favorite blogs/web sites to recommend? Thanks!
"Try this recipe from Mark Bittman if you want something really different - we made it w/ stew beef this week and it was completely amazing. The beef was really tender and the sauce was rich and yummy. http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.c...-braised-beef/" I know this post is old but I was wondering... I want to try this recipe for my family but I calls for hot dried chilies & my son is not big on spicy. Any suggestions for a substitute? I wa thinking of using one small...
Hi there!   I'm relatively new to the city & have been a bit sour on the 7.5 hour school day. My son is just starting preschool & I am mostly concerned that kindergarten will also be 7.5 hours. No one I talk to about this seems to think anything of it (I know Chicago has been on full-day kindy for a while) but I think it's kind of insane to expect a 5 y/o to put in that many hours. It will be extremely difficult for us financially, but we will go montessori or...
Wow! I did it... It felt so weird (actually it felt very right...) but after 16+ years I couldn't believe I was eating a hamburger. DH has never seen me eat meat & we've known each other half our lives! I plan to try for at least 2 months... we'll see. It's definitely affected (ahem...) how things are moving in my digestive tract, but could be because I started out with a burger (though I had it with a salad & not fries!). But other than that I've already noticed some...
Sorry I have nothing but sympathy to offer... I was coming on this forum to post something similar. These toddlers are making us all crazy I suppose!   I hope we both get some good advice!
  (cross posting in gentle discipline)   I am finding myself more & more at my wits end with my son right now. He's almost 3. Generally, we're having a rough time, but DH & I are both able to maintain our patience during the day... It's bed time that turns us all into monsters.   DS always starts the night out in his bed & has for a long time now. He transitioned to his toddler bed relatively recently (now about 1 1/2 or 2 months ago) & things have gotten...