or Connect

Posts by t2009

We just visited some family out of town. We stayed with them & they know we're TV-free. They also have a toddler who watches videos on the TV & iPhone. I never request no TV when we're at their house, but I also will encourage DS to do something else if the TV is on. So I feel like we're being respectful of our differences, but maybe I've said something that was interpreted the wrong way? ... This visit I felt like SIL was constantly offering her LO videos & then saying...
These are all amazing recommendations! Thank you so much... & I can't wait to get back to the library to try out some new books & approaches!
Thank you! Yes, you're right that I've been limiting myself a bit... DS's imagination is growing by leaps & bounds but his attention span is just puttering along (i.e. it is what you'd expect for an active 23 month-old), so I've been "afraid" of books with too many words, LOL! But I'm definitely going to branch out. Thanks!
Hello all,   I actually don't necessarily think my DS is "gifted" but he is "advanced" when compared to other LOs I know his age. I guess I'm just not sure where else to post this (the regular toddler board didn't seem appropriate... and you all seem to have great collective knowledge for not just gifted kids but developmental stuff generally!...).   OK, so here it goes. DS seems to me & DH to be quite advanced in his language skills. He's almost 2. It's pretty...
This sounds totally normal. DS is almost two & definitely has his moments of not wanting to share. He's even had some "run-ins" with a playmate or his cousin, but they normally work it out (as in, DS doesn't want to share, but the other child won't take "no" for an answer & then they both get upset or start grabbing).   It sounds like redirecting is working for you, so I'd stick with it. But you can also watch for moments when you think your DS is receptive & suggest...
Forget what you'd do about the kids! I just wouldn't want to take the bar exam again!    Seriously, though, that's a hard decision, but it sounds like you need to get on the same page as your DH. Is it just a financial issue for him or does he not want #2 right now for other reasons? If you BOTH want it, then I'm sure you can make it work. But if not, it'll be hard for you to both be happy with whatever arrangement you come up with.   Kids aside, if I were you,...
We find out in April. By tax day!   Yeah. I wasn't falling asleep during the MBE but during the afternoon portion my mind really started to wander & I had to reign it in. There was that question about admitting evidence of a murder conviction where the murder involved impersonating a utility worker & I immediately thought "Oh my god, I've made that mistake! I've let a utility worker walk through my house. If that ever happens again I'll be sure to look for a van......
Absolutely. In fact, DS wouldn't leave the house without his monkey pj bottoms today either! Totally not worth the battle. Plus, toddlers make (relatively) so few choices... clothing is the one thing I leave up to my son. I let him pick out his clothes. Apron? OK. Football jersey? OK. Day four of his favorite t-shirt? OK (as long as it's not gross). No coat? OK (though I have it ready for when he realizes it IS actually cold, just like mama said). I always try (usually...
Congrats! You made it Super Single Mama! I was thinking about you yesterday & really feeling for you that you had that extra day of testing. It's over. Phew.    I in no way feel confident about it. But I'm hoping that I'm overthinking things & will be able to not worry about it constantly from now until april. We'll see.   Any plans for celebrating? I'm going out with a couple of already-licensed friends tomorrow but otherwise just enjoying being a normal person...
Hi OP, I also live around Boston. And have done lots of baby wearing in all sorts of weather. DS was born in April & it was really warm the following summer, but we still walked A LOT ... sometimes miles at a time. Uncomfortable at times? Yes. But also totally doable. I think I was more uncomfortable than he was too as he would usually just sleep & sleep. Planning our clothing was the most important piece. (And I was also using a moby wrap which I would not suggest in...