or Connect

Posts by t2009

Thanks for your replies all. So, the nosebleeds did not occur as the result of any direct trauma that the teacher observed. My son is one of those kids who is prone to getting them. There is no nurse on staff & good point about looking at the school policies! I don't remember seeing anything in there but I will double check it tonight. And my son is 4. I also do not have any doubt that his teachers have his best interests in mind. They are very kind to him & he thrives...
DS attends a Montessori school full time. We mostly love it but this week a couple things happened that have me a bit concerned. He got two bloody noses (two different days) & burned his finger & in all cases it seems he had to take care of himself & no one from the school informed me. Now the bloody noses actually might not concern me as much. Last year (his 1st at the school) he was getting them frequently & I warned his teacher & told her they were not serious. He also...
I've struggled with this as well. Mostly, also being an introvert, I am protective of the time we get to spend as a family. So I'm ok with not getting together with other moms. But my son is also older now. When he was young, we belonged to an awesome AP parents group. The often met when I was I school but I made a big push for once-a-month weekend meetings. Those were lifesavers! I was really lucky that the moms in that group were so open to meeting on the weekends when...
Awese, PokeyAC! Congrats!! Last week I started on herbs from my acupuncturist (have been doing the acupuncture but not TCM herbs for a while for gut issues) & also started supplementing with B6. We'll see ... Just started my 2WW right now...
Thanks so much for the ideas & discussion. It's good to hear different points of view, PumaBearClan & EineMutti. It's funny but I think you may have put your finger on my issues, PumaBearClan, as to losing a ton of weight due to a change in metabolism. It was still more than I was comfortable with so I'm grateful to have stabilized. But I also noticed that the positive effects of the SCD diet tapered off as well (cycle is crazy, crazier than before I started, other GI...
I've had a few 24 day cycles lately (with a couple regular cycles mixed in) & I've wondered the same. I also typically spot prior to AF, especially during those shorter cycles. I'm doing acupuncture but not so sure it's helping me. PokeyAC, did you have lucknwith acupuncture & herbs?
Thanks, Tracy! I just started charting my temps. I've been charting my AF & CM for a while now (how we got pregnant the 1st time). I've noticed less CM than usual the past few cycles, which also has me scratching my head. We've only really tried one full cycle (going to try again this cycle, tho we're both fighting something off, so no big hopes) so I'm not ready to spend $ on the ovulation kits just yet. I'm upping my fats (even more! it's what I'm craving!!) & liver....
Wow, bravo, ResearchParent!! Really beautiful & looks just like many of the materials in my son's classroom! We just had parent teacher conferences & he's working on the spindle box. He loves the maps too & just gave himself "homework": put together his US map puzzle, learn the names of all the states, write them out & trace the shapes!! Ha! Too funny (but he started it in earnest last night)!!
I don't see the purpose in reviving this old thread if you've nothing to add, Rupert. Do you care to share more & start up the conversation? I'm all for discussing the virtues & draw-backs of Montessori but I think the folks here would appreciate a more in-depth discussion. Thank you!
I need to get my order in! For My birthday my MIL got me a seed starting tray, heat lamp & blanket. (She' the best!) I really need to buckle down & order my seeds, though, like you, Kitchensqueen, I won't be able to plant anything for a while. I also desperately need to harvest some worm compost! Poor worms need new bedding & soon enough I'll be able to use the dark gold they've been making!