or Connect

Posts by Kimmyc2

Ok, I think I may buy or make these http://www.cafepress.com/intactivism.253995328   Thought I'd share in case anyone else was looking.
Thanks, perhaps the sign is the way to go. Our OB was def. on board too but he was under the care of the nicu which changes who performs it, scary.
Thanks, maybe I'll do the shirt. I don't want to tell my dh to write anything, his writing is illegible and he might not do it. He would be more likely to add a sign or sticker. I'll keep searching or maybe I need to make something
Anyone know of stickers for diapers bassinet, shirts or other ideas to ensure circ does not happen in hospital? During my VBAC attempt with my ds I ruptured and he ended up in the nicu for a couple days. We told every nurse who came in to check on me or give me news about our ds that he was not to be circumsized and when he was being brought to me the nurse said they are just prepping him for his circ and then they'll bring him to you and I screamed "no, don't let them...
ooh, good post. I'm going to check out some of the suggestions.   My kids both love "Giraffe's Matching Zoo"
ok, so my kids have a very late bedtime these days because they don't want to be in bed without us and take forever to fall asleep to the point where they won't start crying when we get up to leave. DS is almost 2 and DD is almost 4. My DH and/or I will take them up to read books and sing and lay in bed. It takes over an hour for my DD to fall asleep and by then my DH falls asleep so I barely see him and never without kids. If one of us is still downstairs working on...
I think this depends on whether you are talking about a baby or a toddler. I wouldn't let a child under the age of one do it but a toddler yes, i think it is ok to help them find other ways to fall back to sleep if you are still consoling and nearby for comfort.   I eventually night weaned both my kids that way. The first was 19 months and the second was 21 months. They were co-sleeping and would wake up as often as a newborn to nurse and I needed more sleep. You...
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I can relate. I was going for a natural VBAC with my second and after 30 hours of labor I had an emergency c-section due to rupture and almost lost my baby and life. I went through just what you are experiencing but a little delayed. In the beginning I was just SO grateful to have my baby with me that I couldn't think of anything else and wouldn't let go of him once he was finally put in my arms.   Once I was home for a while I...
Thanks for posting this. I'm going to new Orleans next week with my almost 2 y/o ds and almost 4 y/o dd. My husband will be in a conference for a couple days so we'll be on our own with only public transportation too. We're staying at the jw Marriott near the conv center/French quarter. I'm going to check out your suggestion but let me know if you think of any other little tips etc. Thanks!!
Oh Man, how RUDE. When I told my boss at the time I was pregnant with my second (two years after my first) his response was "AGAIN!?!". My response was "yes, we never planned to have an only child" I was just taken back at his level of unprofessionalism and rudeness.    I started reading this because I was interested what people say back. I really want to have a third but may not be able to for medical reasons. However, I have people comment all the time that I must...