or Connect

Posts by nwatt

I have been feeling really guilty lately for not taking DD out more.  When the weather was warmer we went outside every day in our yard and went to the park pretty frequently.  Now that it is cold we rarely go out into the yard.  For awhile there was snow on the ground, which she didn't like because it made it hard to walk, and now that the snow has melted some, I just don't feel like it.  Maybe this thread will motivate me to put her in her snow suit and take her out...
"Everything is a phase."  This probably won't work when DD is younger, but I find it really helps in the baby/toddler ages. 
I am expecting identicals.  I don't plan on ever dressing them alike.  I buy all my kids' clothes at consignment sales so the chances of things being matching are pretty slim.  With the way this pregnancy is timed, I also won't be able to hit up one of the Moms of Multiples consignment sales until the fall.  When the twins are older, I will happily let them dress alike if that is what they want.  Until then  I think it will just be easier to grab whatever two onsies...
Hi! My DD is going to be 19 months when my twins arrive.  We are going to be getting the Valco Tri Mode Twin with the jump-seat for DD.  This will let all three of the babes have seats in the stroller.  We are also going to get the hitch-hiker bar, but I don't think that my DD is old enough to use it exclusively, she just wouldn't stay on it.  Here is the link:   http://valcobaby.com/products/strollers/model/tri-mode-ex-twin.html   It is expensive, but it is only...
If some one gave on of those to DD, I would either sell it on Craigslist, at a consignment shop, or donate it.  Not only do we try to avoid battery-operated and plastic toys, but we also simply don't have the room for it.  I might take it out of the box, sit her in it, take a picture, and then box it back up.    Edited to Add:  DD was given some battery-operated maracas and I sold them at a consignment store and bought her some pants.  She already had some nice,...
Have you looked on the website alibris.com? I just did a search and they have the ocean fairies book for 99 cents plus shipping. Thye might have a set of them too. They sell used books and some that I have ordered come from England. If you order multiple books from the same seller you get a discount on shipping. I woukd buy the books, but I love books. Also, if she is lime me she might reread them in the future. ETA: the shipping is 3.99 per book, and it goes down to...
Thank you all! I think that I just feel guilty when I am not focusing on her and on myself instead. I do play with her, and I do enjoy playing in general, I just don't enjoy the current stage of play that she is in. I am also trying to lay down as much as possible since I am expecting twins so I am feeling a little lazy in general. She seems to enjoy when I get on the floor and play with her, so I am trying to do it more often. She also seems to really enjoy playing...
The title says it all. I used to be so good about sitting and playing with DD, but lately it is just so boring. I just find myself wishing for the days when she will be more interactive and imaginative with her play. I know that I should play with her more, that it will help her with her developing skills, that seeing more difficult tasks modeled will inspire her further development, and that my talking while playing will help her language skills, but I just don't...
My DD is too young to call them anything, but I call my grandparents Grammy, Grampy, and Gran so I assume that she will call them the same thing.
My DD is almost 15 months. We go out at least once a day, more often twice a day. We run errands, go to the park, the children's museum, the local baby gym, the mall, the library, and Barnes and Nobles.