or Connect

Posts by nwatt

I think that my DD is the most wonderful, perfect little girl in the world. With that said, I have had many pangs of jealousy when it comes to sleep. She is much better now, but at about 9 months when she was still up every 45 minutes to an hour if someone mention what a great sleeper their LO was I would be jealous enough that I am surprised I wasn't literally green. Now I don't feel jealousy, just worry when I see LOs the same age doing things/saying things that my DD...
DD eats pancakes spread with peanut butter every morning for breakfast. She has been eating this for months and months, is 14 months old, and just got her first two teeth in the last few weeks. We cut the pancakes into bite sized pieces for her. She also sucks on apple slices with peanut butter (my favorite snack) and eats toast with peanut butter if I have been lazy with my pancake making and there aren't any in the freezer for her.
Will she let you put her to sleep somewhere else in the house? What if you moved her mattress into your room? Maybe she is associating something in her room with sleep in a negative way. My only other suggestion is maybe she is having some sort of digestive issues. I only say this because my DD was a terrible sleeper up until 9 months when we started her on probiotics. If we miss more than a day of them she is back to waking every couple of hours.
As soon as DD tried to go up the stairs we started showing her how to go down the stairs backwards, I think that it was when she started crawling at around 7 months. We also showed her how to get of the couch/bed/anything elevated the same way at the same time. Now at 14 months she goes down the stairs on her bum. She is good enough at it to do it by herself, but I am always with her. She does go down the deck steps (3 of them) without me right next to her, but within...
I have never used baby talk, it just doesn't come naturally to me, but I do talk in a higher pitch voice when I am talking to DD sometimes. Baby talk does grate on my nerves a bit, which is probably why it doesn't come to me. I really don't think that it would hinder you child's development if you do it for the first year, but once he or she is trying to imitate your language I would think that more correct speech patterns would be more appropriate to model.
DD is 14 months and has three pairs of shoes for fall/winter: rainboots, brown leather Stride Rites, and grey New Balance sneakers. We spend a lot of time outside and she walks on sidewalks a lot I felt she needed shoes that would last against the elements. The only thing else she might need is snow boots, but I don't feel like dealing with that yet. Oh, she also has some slippers because she loves to put shoes on and off all day and they are the easiest thing to have...
I am only 13 weeks. This thread is terrifying me.
My goal isn't necessarily that they all be friends as adults. I just want their childhood to be different than mine. All that I remember is either playing alone or fighting (sometimes physically fighting) with my sisters. I don't remember any shared activities at all. I just want siblings that can play with each other, do art together, or at least don't fight whenever they interact. We couldn't even play board games because it would end in fights.
Ever since I found out that I am expecting twins when my DD is only going to be 19 months old one of my (many) worries is how to raise my kids so that they will be friends. It seems that this should just come naturally as we go about our lives together, but at the same time I don't really talk to either of my sisters and my DH does not talk often to his sister either. Granted, there are some relatively significant mental and substance related reasons as to why we never...
I have no problem with the idea of my DC riding the school bus except for when time becomes a factor. Some kids have to be picked up so early and are dropped off so late that I really would feel like a lot of our family time was wasted if that was the case. When I was teaching most often the "second load" of bus kids were leaving school at least half hour after the first load. Sometimes they were still at school almost an hour after the first round of kids had been...