or Connect

Posts by Noelle C.

Thanks for the encouragement, Ladies. She went from being back-down, head sticking out my left side, to back up, head in my right hip, her left arm presenting. This is an improvement, though it means c-section still if labor were to start at this time. But it's an improvement because she only needs to move about 45 degrees, much better than the 270 before. They wouldn't want to move her thr 90 degrees from left side on clockwise since that would make her have to...
We're all entitled to self-pity, and in your position, who among us wouldn't feel a bit upset trying to keep up with two toddlers while recovering from childbirth?
Quote: Originally Posted by First-Time-Mommy he said if i didn't have this baby by next friday he would be scheduling an induction sometime that week. What reeeeeaaaaallly bothers me about how this is phrased, and I know doctors do it all the time, so I'm not doubting you at all, is that doctors TELLING us what is going to happen, rather than if we'd consider X or want Y, really shows how we don't matter. It's not our pregnancies. It's theirs....
Quote: Originally Posted by notjustmamie If it's not "safe" to check yourself, how is it "safe" for your OB to check you? See, I don't understand this business about it being unsafe since bacteria and such can be introduced to the environment. I'd thing hands and gloves are cleaner than penises, yet, unless on bed rest or otherwise ordered not to, sex clear up until labor is just fine, and I've never heard it said that sex must be right after...
Congrats!!
Have fun!!
That's what I've been thinking! She had the hiccups while I was in the bath a few minutes ago (just got out, still wrapped in a towel, so really just minutes ago) that felt like they were very low. So hopefully? I'll find out in the morning. We're hoping so hard. Yesterday evening I felt her move, like she was struggling to move, so off to laying on the ironing board while watching a couple movies, and trying to move her myself pretty hard with my hands, got into the...
UPDATE IN POST 11 Since last night, our baby has been moving like crazy, more time spent moving than not. I'm finding plenty on decreased movement, but not increased. Squirmy wormy. Crazy wormy. Anyway, since last night my lower back has been killing me, and I had a few times of my lower abdomen, bottom of my uterus, cramping like hell was trying to knock wind out of me. Also my heart has had some times of beating harder, like a lump of lead. I'll be seeing the...
We're not trying to rush with a decision any more than necessary. We do plan to take all the time we can with deciding. We're trying to find all we can about ALL the different options so as not to feel that we MUST do this or that. It's quite something to go from looking forward to the pain and aches of laboring and delivering right here at home, to having the wind knocked out of us finding out she's no longer head-down, and on the heels of all that went wrong otherwise...
I am reading all your replies, not ignoring them, despite not responding. Sometimes listening is more needed than talking. RTBD, with the odds Iv'e been given of not living through a c-section (50%), it would feel like I was signing my own execution document. It's hard enough signing consenting to surgery with a good chance of being okay, and quite another when the risk of complications and death is very high. I've had to do it before, and even with the risk of death...