or Connect

Posts by lvngmm

My DP, his DD, our DS and my DP's ex all share the same last name. I cannot see myself changing mine. 1) I would feel like I'm another one on the list (with his ex) 2) I would feel less like "me". I'm from another country and I'm proud of it. 3) I got married when I was very young (no kids) and did change my name and felt that a big part of me died. (So I changed it back after divorce) I have to say, it makes me feel like an outsider when the kids or my ex talk...
Yes, Bronxmom. We're considering going back to court to request joint legal custody. My DP was not well advised at the time (his lawyer said it didn't matter, as long as my DP got the time he wanted. Of course he got the time, but no other rights, which is not what he wanted). This seems like a long road and she's all up for fighting, so I'm not looking forward to it. It sucks because before I got into this relationship I never had somebody who hated me in such an...
Thank you so much!
First, I want to make clear, my DP didn't leave his wife for me. I don't want that being thrown out there. Whatever hatred she has toward me is something that I hope she discusses with her therapist because it's been taken to a pathological level. Second, as I mentioned above, the JPA says that RoFR only applies after 4 hours. We're only talking about a camp pick-up, but it seems that doesn't matter. I also want to make clear that I'm not fighting for any rights, and...
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I am the father's partner. We have a family together, which includes our 2 year old son. The mother is beyond controlling when it comes to anything related to how the dad parents their daughter. I also suspect she has insecurities and fears about DSD liking me more than her (maybe?). She even told my DP that DSD should be with him at all times, because it's his parenting time, so she should not be with anyone else. But yes, the mother...
Here is the situation: Mother and father are divorced with a child. Mother has full custody. Father has visitation EOW, plus two evenings every week. He picks up child from school on those two evenings, per JPA. At school, Mother added her family members and friends to the people who can pick up child when she can't make it on time or in case of emergency. Father did the same for the days he is scheduled to pick up child, when he can't make it on time due to his...
Hi. We ALWAYS refer to DS and DSD as brother and sister. They are very close in age and share the same dad. However, my DSD's mom is highly involved in her life and has sole custody (though we have her almost 50% of the time.) The kids adore each other most of the time. Every once in a while, DSD gets jealous of DS (and, I think, vice-versa, though DS can't talk as well/much yet.) The biggest problem comes from DSD's mom. While she doesn't call my DS "half"...
I can understand that co-parenting counseling could be beneficial, as a couple recently separated or divorced, trying to figure out how to parent while not being together, but shouldn't this have happened a while ago? Let's say she's just coming around. And I mean "just" because the day before she sent the letter, my DP got other nasty emails from her and a letter from her attorney. I think maybe for a moment or two this woman focuses on her daughter and what's...
As I've posted before, my DP's ex has made our lives miserable from the start. Even to this day, we still get letters from her eternally retained attorney with all kinds of threats. Nothing comes out of them, but they cost us money and stress nonetheless. Last week, my DP got a letter from his ex requesting that they do therapy to help them co-parent my DSD. My DP couldn't believe it! After all the damage she constantly does to our family. Plus, him and I have been...
Do you have a support system near you? Right now, that is what you need: lots of support and help from people you love and trust. You are about to give birth and it will get even more challenging once the baby comes. I don't blame you for any of the things you feel. I don't think it makes you a bad person at all. Do you think your husband's drinking has anything to do with guilt over his daughter? I mean, the way you describe him, it seems he has a lot of issues...