or Connect

Posts by M.Q.

I had the option of declining all US and almost did. But I'm doing basically nothing: no pelvic exams, no glucose tolerance test, no urinalysis, not tracking weight, etc. So when my midwife respectfully requested one US at/near 20 weeks, I agreed. Other than the initial blood draw and a few 2-minutes or less listens with Doppler, the one US is all we're doing. My midwife actually would have been fine with my skipping it, but I feel like I'm declining so much that this...
Oh, honey. I hear you. I pretty much hate being pregnant. We got pregnant on the first try, and in the moment I found out I was expecting I was very excited. Truly, I want this baby very badly, but I hate being pregnant. I feel guilty sometimes, because I had a previous loss and I 'should' be delighted with this pregnancy, but I am just not enjoying myself.   I spent the first four months somewhere between "kind of feeling awful" and "someone please kill me now" with...
I'm a bathtub-a-holic. I have started taking slightly less hot baths (my hot water is turned up illegally high, I love very very hot water) and leaving the door or window partially open to keep my sweaty self cool. It's really more about body temperature than water temperature. 😊 I have continued enjoying the bathtub and my 18 week little one is ticking along just fine. Congrats on the pregnancy! -MQ
Ultrafighter: I'm not even tracking my weight. I have no idea what I have or have not gained. My midwife is fine with it, too. As long as the anatomy scan looks ok, and the relative measurements from 20+ weeks on are reasonable, that seems to be what matters. As long as you're eating a sensible number of calories (I aim for 1500/day minimum), baby will get what s/he needs, even if you're not left with much with which to gain your own weight.
I'm like you- modest and with a shy bladder (can't give a sample- never have in my life) and can't 'go' when others might be present. I would take whatever break I'm entitled to and walk to my nearest Starbucks, where the loo is always single-user, with a heavy door, and often down a hall from other patrons. Good luck
For me, it has hurt to cough, sneeze, laugh, sob, and yawn since very very early. My midwife has said that it's not altogether unusual, and that it all depends on your body and how it's built. I hope you find relief! BTW: I'm 17 weeks and still in stilettos because I'm stubborn 😜 -MQ
I have been bloated since about a week after the implantation bleeding stopped. It was one of the things that told me I should take a second test (first test was very early, and negative). I gained that water weight around four-five weeks (2-3 weeks dpo) and it hasn't gone anywhere. I'm now home to a happily ticking little 17-week jumping bean, along with the bloating. I'm actually looking forward to showing more, because maternity clothes don't look right yet, and...
Ugh. Scanxiety. No fun at all. If I were you, Kamiro, I would either request another one (maybe at one of those private 'baby pictures' places) or at the very least as my mw if she could have the results reviewed further.   We're having our one and only scan in two weeks and I'm trying not to get scanxiety. But there are a lot of things that could be off on there that I'm currently blissfully unaware of. I'm trying to focus on getting to see what he/she looks like...
Oh dear. I'm having a similar issue.   I have let my mom know that I love her and that I absolutely want her here soon after the birth of her only grandchild. But in reality, I don't want a soul who doesn't live in my house to cross my threshold for the first few days at least, save maybe my BFF whose son I was invited to meet at 3 hours old and who I know won't hang around for longer than a few minutes (we're birthing at a birth center, so we will be home within 6...
Aaaaaand last night might have been the last hoo-rah of the normal-people pants.  The combination of the low-ish rise of my jeans and the no-longer-completely-belly-covering length of the camisole I had on made things creep in an unflattering way (cami up, pants down, belly exposed under a loose outer layer). My goal was to get to 20 weeks without switching to maternity clothes (although I have been wearing some loose things I bought just for this period), and I could...