or Connect

Posts by M.Q.

I'm planning to birth at a lovely midwife-owned birth center; my house has only one bathroom and it's not on the same floor of the house as my bedroom, so the corporeal needs of even a third person (the midwife), much less anyone else (assistant, or assistants the midwife may need) puts the odds too high that there might be a queue for the loo or that I would have to navigate a small switchback staircase to get from one comfortable place to the other. Also, my husband...
Hippy: ME TOO. I have gone from a 32DD/E to a 32G and I'm only 13 1/2 weeks! Luckily I found a few on sale on zulily last week- spent less than $100 on three instead of the $80/$90 each that I figured I'd have to spend at Nordstrom. Hopefully that will tide me over until I can shop for nursing bras. I'm still ok on tops, but I went out and bought a few 'generously cut' tops in  my size a week ago, so I hope I'm good for a while. Pants in my "fat" size still fit, but the...
I have a graphic that says "I like the tern 'we're expecting' when talking about pregnancy, because it makes it sound like there's more than one outcome. Yeah, we're expecting a baby. But it could be a velociraptor."- with a picture of a velociraptor on the bottom. I will be posting this to fb in the next week or so, once we're sure that all family members and close friends have been told in person. My friends are mostly nerds, and they will likely find it hilarious....
Bravissimo is definitely on my radar once I've been measured by a professional so I'm sure I'm buying the right size. The good news is that the G-cup ladies are, at least, still firm and perky so I can even get away with wearing a cami or no bra at all for the moment. I just want to have the proper foundation garments in place so that remains the case as long as possible. I'm used to paying $60-80 at Victoria's Secret, so $50ish for a few that will fit now doesn't bother...
I have to say I'm envious of you ladies who have even the smallest iota of "desire". Between being tired, nauseous, uncomfortable (I'm having the ligament stretching pains these days) and feeling like a total whale, there is no way I am letting DH look at me, much less touch me. I'm hoping that goes away; and even said as much on the day he sent those two nice ladies and four nice men over to clean the house, beautify the yard, and till my vegetable garden. There is...
LOL. I'm finding every other day or so that another bra isn't fitting anymore. 😜   I started out at a 32DD/32E and today I measured myself and should be a G. A G cup!   I'm going to head to Nordstrom for a couple of well-fitted bras in the next week or so (if you're a busty gal- especially with a small band size- Nordstrom is about the only place to go). Once I find a bra or two that I like and that FIT, then I will likely look into buying some other colors...
I broke down today and went out and bought a bunch of new clothes. I got three dresses; one of which is an empire waist and the other two have no discernible waist at all and a lot of room for baby to grow into them. I also got three tops, one of which is actually a maternity top, and the other two are just generous. I also bought a pair of Bermuda shorts and a really cute pair of jeans that are both maternity- the first maternity clothes I have ever owned. Wow. The...
Hey there ladies!   12 1/2 wks Next apt is June 5th (17 wks exactly) Symptoms: still constant fatigue, nausea (but not much actual barfing), and every day it seems that I discover some other clothing item that doesn't fit. I'm completely out of size 4, can fit into about half of my size 6 pants, fit into almost all of the size 6 dresses, but am about to need some maternity pants in a serious way! Craving the ability to skip a meal or snack when I'm not hungry...
I'm not even weighing myself.   I am also genetically predisposed to all sorts of weight related health problems. I'm also a recovering  bulimic former ballet dancer who has maintained through my whole life that I would kill myself if my weight ever hit a certain number. I was at the high end of my 'acceptable' range when I got pregnant, and now (12w5d) I'm probably at my 'drop dead' number. Even if I'm not now, I will be before this whole thing is over. So I decided...
My midwife noticed at my 12wk appointment that I was still in regular pants, and I had to point out that they're a "size nine million". I have a few pair of my "fat" size jeans that still fit ok (I'm bigger in the butt and hips thanks to roller derby than I am in the belly/waist) but the pants I'm wearing mostly are a size larger than my "fat" size. I think I'll be investing in some maternity trousers (jeans and black pants at the least) soon just because I HATE the idea...