or Connect

Posts by M.Q.

This is my first, and I'm very anti-doctor, so I had no existing provider relationship. But I had done my research about the area where I live, so I knew there was a small midwife practice nearby. I went in at 3wks to interview the practice, meet the lead midwife, and check out the birth center (my house is just not suitable for a home birth). Seeing as I was pleased with that visit, I made an appointment for the initial intake appt. and blood draw (I am consenting to...
I don't want an ultrasound, so I'm thinking we're not going to find out. But if the MW sees a reason to refer me for an ultrasound, then I will have one, and will be fine knowing the sex if it's apparent. This will be our first and only; I want a girl, DH wants a boy, but neither of us will be displeased with the other sex as long as he/she is healthy. And the bonus (as someone mentioned vis-à-vis shower gifts) about not knowing is that my well meaning friends and...
Yes. I have been somewhere on the continuum of "feel icky" to "ZOMG kill me now!" since I was 5 weeks and I'm now 8w6d. And it's ALL day EVERY day with very little respite. I hadn't actually thrown up until this past Sunday, but I think I'm about to pretty much all the time. Occasionally a food pops into my mind that sounds appetizing, and that usually means that's one thing that will quiet my stomach for a little while. But most days it's a crap shoot as to what I...
I have yet to actually vomit, but I go from being mildly nauseous to being horribly nauseous; I've been somewhere on that continuum for a little over a week (I'm 6 weeks today). I am only a little more tired than I always was, but I have chronic fatigue, so I've never been not tired. I thought coffee would be super hard to kick in light of that, but it turns out that I can't stand things with strong flavors. Coffee and bacon are both off the table for...
I am actually loving my aches and cramps. I had an early loss several years ago (chemical) and I'd had NO pregnancy symptoms. This time I got a BFP at 11 DPO and have had cramping and nausea every day. To me, this just helps confirm that this time is not like last time.   -MQ
Thanks for the new thread! MrsMike YAY for Yoga! I have recently fallen in love with hot/bikram yoga (my gym recently renovated and added a temperature controllable studio). There's a great feeling of progress that comes with every pose as you get better at them. It's my favorite part of my day most days. AND, the increased flexibility that comes with yoga practice makes BD that much more fun! AFM I'm CD9 with no indication from DH that he's ready to TTC anytime...
I'll join in! I'm 31 and 'waiting' to TTC until DH decides it's time. I'd like to lose 40 lbs, but would probably be happy with 10-15; whatever gets me back into the size 2 pants. This summer I ran my 1st 5K and am training for an indoor triathlon in a few weeks. I do strength training once a week for 1/2 an hour with my trainer, cardio for an hour at least once a week (most weeks) and yoga, hot yoga, or pilates at least twice per week. Yesterday was hardcore...
You ladies make me so happy! So the freakishly low BBT (although this month has been on average higher than the previous 2), fatigue, short term memory loss, and inability to shake even a pound with a training regimen courtesy of an iron man competitor is actually more important than the numbers...? YAY!! Mrs. Mike, I remember when you mentioned this before, but I will admit to paying very little attention, as I was just SURE that my numbers would show some HUGE problem...
scarletjane I do have a chart, it is HERE. I've been bad this month about entering any data other than temps; mostly because I've been away from the computer a lot and can't always remember things from one day to the next. Things like exercise, headaches, dehydration, insomnia, etc. aren't in there. But feel free to take a gander. mommytoallh I SEE YOUR LINE!!! So exciting!!! -MQ
MI Dawn I am sad to hear that your TTC journey has come to a close. When I first came to MDC, it was around the time of my loss and your story was one of those that made me feel like I wasn't alone. Blessings to you. AFM: I'm either 8 or 10 DPO... FF can't decide, it moved my dotted crosshairs yesterday; it's been a wonky chart this cycle this month anyway. DH is looking at a 6 month stint in Shanghai beginning this fall, so that might put off TTC for a little...