or Connect

Posts by CedarMa

Marshmallows...their like magic!  We used marshmallows to reward potty activities.  Big for #2, Little for #1.  Each time they went on the potty, even just a little, they got a marshmallow.  We NEVER gave them one besides potty training.  We started when they were aware of the toilet and could understand.  At 2 yr b-day, they got underwear.  Many pairs, because it will take...oh...about 5-12/day until they start to understand!  Every hour, we put them on the potty (even...
Goat Milk.  For many people who are intolerant to cows milk, they are able to consume goats milk.  The make up of the milk is quite a bit different than cows milk.  The fat molecules are much smaller in goats milk which make them digestible for humans.  Goat milk is very very similar to human milk.  Also, goat milk is naturally homogenized, due to the small fat molecules, which make it much easier to digest.    It is a little different, but it is much more similar to...
I have been supplementing my BM with goats milk since my baby was 2.5 to 3 mo old. (now 4.5 months old. Since the goat milk i get is about 6 % milk fat (cow typically 3% and standard goat milk is about 3%), I add a little water. Baby isn't fond of just goats milk but will take a bottle that is 1/2 goat, 1/4 water and 1/4 mama milk. She drinks it, and it is less pressure on me to provide for her. I also only use the milk before it is 3 days old, baby prefers that. ...
a simple farmers cheese may work...pretty easy. but i haven't ever made it with sour milk. you could get rennet and add to it and let it sit out and make cheese. if you let it sit long enough (room temp) it will no longer smell sour, but turn to small curd. what kind of raw milk is it...goat or cow?
My baby is 4 1/2 months old and we have the Kanoe. It is great. We have started using it. We put it up next to the bed for easy access. She sleeps in it for most of the night, then in the morning hours I pull her into bed to nurse and sleep for a few hours. I don't think I will give up the bed sharing for quite awhile. I am happy with the kanoe, but i'm not sure it was a necessary purchase. The way its going, if I didn't have it, i would bed share then move baby to...