or Connect

Posts by karlin

I wanted to comment on the issue of having no one to remember things from childhood thing about being an only. I have 2 siblings, both older. My mom died 7 years ago, and my dad is still living. Only my mom remembered all my firsts. I can't ask my dad or my siblings....they just don't remember. So it wouldn't have mattered how many people were in my family. If I had been an only, my dad probably would remember...but anyway... My DS will be 6 soon, and he is an...
What effect would the clay have on digestion? Also, how do you take it...is it in a capsule? Thanks! Yesterday was a good day. Upping my fats has made my mood more stable. I just feel good in general. Decreasing my protein hasn't really bothered me too much either. I've been able to tolerate egg yolks okay (yay!!!!!), so I've been experimenting with almond meal pancakes. Sooooo good! As far as cheats go, I think rice is probably your best option crunchy-mama.
Yes, kombucha doesn't help. I believe I had food poisoning, and now I'm just having some trouble healing everything up. It's pretty common on paleo to have such, oh how should I put it, easy and fast digestion. I'm working on upping my fats and lowering my protein slightly to see if it helps. I just had a really good salad. Spinach with ground beef, a little cheese, some carrots, and hummus over the top. :
Doing well today. I don't like the way dairy makes me feel, but my digestion likes it. I'm getting sick of my stomach issues lately. I was fine for my first 4 months. I don't know how to solve it, but I really just want to be 99% paleo again.
Thanks so much! He finally opened up to me about what had bothered him so much the day I wrote the original post. Apparently the kids at my friends house were talking about the moon and why it is so bright. DS knows that it's a reflection from the sun's light, but the other kids weren't certain. I guess DS insisted*, and the other kids got mad at him. Almost all the kids were older than he is, so that was a huge part of it. He's over it now, and was able to play with...
Bananas are good when you work out. : I had a pampered chef party here today, and we had a paleo meal. It was a spinach salad with radishes, avocados, grapefruit, chicken, and a weird honey dressing that we just kind of made up. : Things have been going pretty well. I am looking forward to giving up dairy again soon (my stomach problems seemed to be related to stevia ). M only cheat has been hummus, since it has beans in it. Not a huge deal though in the whole...
IF is intermittent fasting. You choose a window (usually 5 or so hours) to eat all your food for the day. Then you fast for the remaining hours. It's good for the metabolism and mimics how our ancestors probably ate on most days. Some people find it can break a stall in weight loss. I've decided to eat dairy until my tummy troubles go away for good...so my plan is changed a little. My tummy has only been bad one day in the past 6, but it still doesn't feel...
I tried making the sweet potato chips from marksdailyapple, but I used ghee as my frying medium. Very delicious!! I cooked some chicken in the leftover ghee and will make some baked apples soon (with honey and cinnamon). I just couldn't resist after reading about the recipe. It's not exactly the same as Mark's, but it sure hit the spot. I'm feeling better today and our garage sale was a big success! We're sending our son to kindergarden at the local Montessori...
Good day. I ate something yesterday that didn't agree with me (strawberry soda thing? dried mango?), so today I don't feel 100%. Also, I ate some yogurt to try to settle things, and since I don't eat dairy on a regular basis, I feel a little odd. I absolutely hate stomach problems...I had problems pretty much all of the previous month and thought I had it solved...so I'm feeling down about it. Plus, we're having a garage sale tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to...
Good morning no-grainers! I'm feeling pretty good today. I've been trying to cut down on the coffee, so I've been a bit tired and headachey lately. Breakfast is pretty much the same as yesterday, homemade sausages, strawberries, and pineapple. Lunch will probably be hamburger with carrot fries (sliced baby carrots sauteed with hamburger) and some strawberries and blackberries. No idea about dinner since I am way overscheduled tonight. I will try to make myself...