or Connect

Posts by karlin

Can you get him to take a Vitamin C pill (swallowing)? My DS hates the chewables, but he'll swallow anything not too foul tasting with a little water. I've heard the best thing for viruses is vitamin a and vitamin c. Can you get him to swallow a CLO pill or vit. c? Also, my DS loves raw honey for coughs. It seems to perk him up a bit too. I hear grapes and nice yellow butter work too. I hope he feels better today!
Thanks! I have read the Highly Sensitive Child (I own it), but it's been awhile. It seems to go in waves for DS, and we didn't deal with it for about a year. On a side note, DS's preschool teacher took me aside after school yesterday and told me she thought my son is gifted and had some recommendations for schools for next year. She also said his fine motor skills are way behind his brain. I've heard this is typical too. A friend gave me a neat pencil contraption...
I need some help realizing some things about my son are "normal". My DS is 5 and just started preschool this year. I was schooling him at home until this summer when he decided he wanted to go to school. He cannot attend kindergarten because our state has a strict cutoff date that he misses by 6 days. He's loving school though, and does not seem bored even though they are learning one letter a week (he's known his letters for 3 years). Anyway, my son is very bright. ...
I think it just depends on the kid. Mine has a different snack than all the other kids everyday (he has allergies) and thinks nothing of it. Maybe he even views himself as special? So far he loves school and doesn't feel the odd one out or anything. It could be that he knows about his allergies and it's second nature to him. I think it's only natural as moms that we should care what our kids eat.
Well, I'm definitely not a cat hater, as I have 4 cats. Heck I would have more if I wasn't married with a kid. I'd be that crazy cat lady or something. I really adore almost all cats. I love that they don't need walks, can regulate their own food consumption, and don't need to be let in and out or housetrained basically. Mine I showed them the litter box once, and they've never used anything else. Also, when I see strange cats, they don't make me anxious like dogs. ...
Kerrygold is a good brand. The kind we have now is Organic Valley Pasture Gold. It's only made in the summer months when the cows feed on fresh green grass. Both are expensive, so we don't eat them all the time.
Well, my son is 5 and we've only really encountered one vaccine preventable disease so far (chicken pox). For vitamin A, we use butter...the good kind that's really yellow. It's very high in vitamin A, and kids like it better than supplements if they tolerate dairy well. I've also recently started using colostrum as a daily supplement, and it really seemed to shorten my son's last illness (just started preschool). We also take daily probiotics. Much of our immune...
We're dealing with this too. My DS is allergic to corn (not anaphalactic, but gets a rash, etc.). He is not allergic to corn syrup (no protein), but I prefer him not to have it except on very special occasions (birthday parties, etc.). So, I flat out told them that the snack wouldn't work for us (in a nice way). They encouraged me to bring my own. They feed saltines and graham crackers, so I'm bringing in boxes of my own (organic saltines and Mi-Del graham crackers). ...
Last week DH took DS grocery shopping while I ran some errands. DS had just watch Flushed Away, which has that Tom Jones song at the end of it (What's New Pussycat?"). Well, DS couldn't remember the words, so he was singing at the top of his lungs, "Pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy whoa whoa!!" My DH just about died. He tried to sing the real song with him, but he just kept going. He said he got a lot of nasty looks.
Yes, that's pretty normal for a 4 year old girl. Boys are a bit different at that age, but still difficult in their own way. I'm sorry you guys had a tough time.