or Connect

Posts by karlin

Our vet gave us Reconcile (prozac) for our new rat terrier (adopted from the shelter) with SA. I haven't used it...didn't feel right for some reason. I bought a supplement called l-tryptopet (pure l-tryptophan in powder form) that is working great (along with training). He didn't destroy anything, but he did poop and pee all over when we'd leave, even for a few minutes. He'd also cry and bark. I also made a "belly-band" type diaper for him, so I could be sure I wouldn't...
Age 6 - appendectomy Age 17 - Oral surgery for wisdom teeth Age 27 - D&C Age 28 - C-section
How about a whippet? They are a chasing breed, but only when things move pretty fast. A puppy who grows up with chickens would probably see them as part of his pack...hopefully. They do have a certain amount of energy, but not as much as many other breeds. Mine lays around the house most of the time. They do shed, but not much, and require very little grooming. Mine doesn't smell that I can tell. Whippets (and all greyhoundy breeds) are extremely friendly and good...
A month or so ago I found a train table with the drawers stuffed full of track with a roundhouse and a station and trains for $10 at a local consignment shop. I was floored. It's in the playroom!:
There's a lot more to training than teaching a dog to sit and roll over. It's an attitude, and there's so much more you can be doing. Simple things like feeding and walks can be changed around to show your dog who's boss. Stealing food is not cool, and sets up some more bad behaviors. Also, why not crate the dog in the same room for the time being? The dog should stay more quiet, and food isn't stolen. I don't allow my dogs in the kitchen while I'm preparing food or...
I think being lonely is a huge factor no how fast people move on. My parents were married over 30 years when my mother died suddenly (6 years ago). My father started "dating" a woman at the urging of his friends at his senior center within a year. He called her a "friend" to me for almost a year before he called her anything else. You know, I've been bothered with it, but only because his choice. If she was a sweet, grandmothery type I think I'd like her a lot more. It...
Could it be some separation anxiety? Our new shelter dog did pee and poop the first day he was home with us while I was in the shower. That has lessened to until we actually leave him (which we have only done 2 times in 3 weeks). He has pretty bad SA though. I don't know your dog's history at all though, so it's hard to tell. Our other dog did pee on our bed once when he was younger (not a puppy). He was not properly trained then though, and may have been doing some...
Yes, it's pretty simple. It gets easier each time you use it too. Just do a little research and follow the directions. Mt hair was previously dyed with conventional dye, and I did not get any weird results.
Great pictures! I love the ones with the curtains. There's a joke between DH and I about kittens and curtains...very fitting. I have 4 cats, but only one since she was a kitten. They are so much fun! :
Henna.