or Connect

Posts by Bay's Mamma

I once worked for a company that had an office attached to a factory. We were getting mice and the "terminator" (pest removal guy) said the thing with mice is that they come out from their homes in search of water. When water is sparse they seek alternate sources like homes, warehouses, etc. That is probably why you are "infested" now. I don't have any advice on how to remove them, but if you take away the water sources, it might help. Love and Light.
I'm not sure if this counts - My sister and I are very close - 1 year and 13 days apart. We have, more than once, sent the exact same card to my mother for a special occassion. The first time it happened, my Mother thought we had set it up. We also do the thing with the phone where I go to call her, and the phone rings and it's her and vice versa. Something else I have been noticing lately with my dd who is 4.5 years. She will say something that I was thinking...
Take it from someone who has dealt with "pink-eye" very often in my childhood. GET THE ANTI-BIOTIC DROPS. My family only takes anti-biotics for life threatening reasons and for pink-eye. It's such a painful, messy thing to have as a child, and the drops help so quickly and effectively, in most cases. When I was little, I used to get it quite often. Once my teacher noticed I was starting to "get pink" and quarantined me from my schoolmates. My sister came to my rescue...
I remember when dd was an infant and my homeopath absolutely forbade me to travel on an airplane with dd if she had any congestion at all. Something about the fluid and possibly being in the ears and the elevation bursting the eardrum since they are so tiny. I don't remember all the details, it's been about four years now. Has anyone else heard of this or is it just me? Don't want to give you any further problems without a solution, but that's all I have to go on right...
This may not be what you are looking for. I heard this a couple of times, but have not had the opportunity to try it: Ants will not cross a line of something like powder or flour. They just won't do it. So, it's a non-toxic approach, I guess. Good Luck. Love and Light
Maybe someone else knows more about this than I. I saw a program on, I believe it was the Discovery Channel, a couple of years ago, so I don't remember all the specifics. What I do remember was that they were saying the pot of today is certainly not the pot of the past. They said the stuff today is laced with so much junk and chemicals and it is tons more "powereful" than in the past. They showed a brain scan of a girl who smoked pot once a day for a couple of years...
My intention for my dd is to homeschool. DD is just four, so we've got some time to make a decision. One thing I was thinking about recently was how much time, in my opinion, is wasted in school. Between transportation to school, homeroom, lunch, study hall, phys. ed., I believe about 1/2 of the child's day is not centered on academics. Rain, you are talking about even more time? YIKES! From what I have learned so far, I think I can do all my child's academic...
WOW! I gotta tell you, my hats off to all you ladies. You all made me realize how good I have it. When I start to have a pity party for myself, I'm going to think of you ladies and say a prayer for you and thank the good Lord above for my blessings. Thanks for slapping me in the face (so to speak) and allowing me to see that my life could be so much worse. You are so brave. God bless you. Love and Light.
Our dd was going to be LAYTON if she turned out to be a ds. But she's all girl, so her name is BAYLEE DENVER. The Bay in Baylee is for the Chesapeake Bay - we live on the water and my dh and I fell in love playing and fishing on the Bay. I would like our next to be a "water" too like NILA. My sister's boy's are STONE and GREY. Her girls are NEVADA and HUNTER. She is pg with boy number #3, so the family is holding our breath to see what they pick. Since the...
This is a great topic! There is actually research that teenagers require more sleep. I forget what the number was, but I think it's close to ten hours/night. The average teenager is getting something like 5.5 hours. There is a movement of doctors who believe that many children and teenagers are "sleep deprived". These doctors are of the understanding that behavioral problems, ADD, ADHD, and educational issues are, in many cases, a product of sleep depravation. These...