or Connect

Posts by Persephone

The answer is "chocolate". However, that was just reading your subject line. I see you're pg, and have a picky tummy. When I was in my first trimester, I really liked Caesar salads. I could eat as much or as little as I liked, and it wasn't heavy, it was nutritious. Good. Ok, reading some of the other posts reminded me that I also loved Wendy's cheeseburgers, and also mango smoothies. Once, I asked my baby/intuition what I needed, and the answer was canteloupe. So,...
Dd started saying mama at 5 months- and meant me. Now, at 8.5 months, she still isn't saying da da, only a couple times! (poor dad! ) However, EVERYTHING is "buh?" or "buh!" It's cute. She also will whisper 'pah pah pah", and other "words" include "oob" and "voof". I'm so in love!
I see you've made your decision, but I'll still give my two cents. I started dd self feeding right off the bat. She has, on occasion, coughed, gotten watery red eyes, or somesuch. I consider that "normal", and just make sure she's ok. She's still breathing, and playing like nothing happened. Once, she started coughing, and couldn't get it back up (cooked potato peel), and I got her out, tipped her upside down, and got the peel out of her mouth. She was ok after that,...
Well, I love using up stuff. Like the dish soap. I can't STAND having two bottles sitting around, so I'm all excited that we FINALLY used up the last of the old one. And the first thing I thought of on this thread was brushing my tongue. I LOVE how fresh and clean my mouth feels once my tongue is clean. It was even stronger when I was pg. I found myself prolonging it at night, and then I realized that I loved it more than any normal person should.
Quote: Originally Posted by Erin Pavlina Sorry I didn't know I needed a spoiler warning for a recap. I've never done a recap before. That's ok, now I know what happens a year from now. I think in general, if you're going to make a synopsis of a show, you need to put a spoiler warning. (I don't think it's neccesary for the whole thread, but only for the post with the spoiler in it. It's not a big deal to me though, when I realized what it...
nak dh and i TOTAL Smallville nuts!!!!!!!!!! but we watch thru netflix. just started season 5, LOVING it! micheal rosenbaum is hot you need to put a spoiler warning on the pp!
Actually, it sounds like your mama bear was loud and clear.
I tried the paci with dd. It worked ONCE. The first time I tried it. Now, I just have to stay latched on, and periodically delatch her if I think she's out enough. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Eventually, it DOES work, just not as fast as I"d like it to. I think the delatching several times becomes part of her routine, actually, and eventually she roots kinda, and stays asleep.
I wasn't an unschooler, but my parents kept cool things around the house for me. Some things I hope to get for my dd one day: Art Supplies A Chemistry Set A Microscope/slides A globe, maps of the world Encyclopedia Visible woman/man Erector set, or something like it. Musical Instruments Sand/water table/toys LOTS of books Child size tools Musical instruments/child size, but real math manipulatives Telescope (we already have one, but it's a good idea ) I can't think of...
This is dh: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...alconchris.jpg This is me: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...enfesthair.jpg Guess who everyone wanted dd's hair to be like? Not mine, I"ll tell you that. This is dd: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture042.jpg Everyone says, "Oh, I think I can see a bit of red in there somewhere!" Um, wishful thinking much? Dd's hair is just like mine and dh's was at that age: straight and light brown/blonde.(Yep, her...