or Connect

Posts by SkyTower

I always can't wait for my kid to be older.  I'm not a very patient person.  It gets boring with her doing the same things.  I like when she does new and exciting things.  I can't wait to see what kind of person she will turn out to be.  I can't wait until she can talk to me and share her thoughts.  I am not nostalgic about her past at all.   I was especially this way for the first 6 months.  Those months are just boring for me.  The baby can't do anything.  I love...
  Talk to your husband.  It may be that his approach is putting too much pressure on her, and it is clearly not working to motivate her to use the potty.  She is probably too busy worrying about disappointing him to worry about going potty.  You guys need to be on the same page.
I use Party in my Pants.  Stupid name, but their pads are top quality.
I use Arm & Hammer Essentials unscented.  It actually works.  I tried the crystal roll-on, but it just wasn't effective enough for me.
Not hardly at all anymore.  My daughter is 14 months and 23 or 24 lbs, and she is pretty much walking everywhere.  I've been leaving the beco in the car for backup, but I haven't pulled it out in a week.  She does tend to want picked up when we are leaving or when I have to carry her through the parking lot, but it's such a short amount of time that I just hold her.   I might start using it again sometimes though.  Today in the grocery store she kept stopping in the...
We have this one: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Premier-Queen-Cotton-Foam-8-inch-Futon-Mattress/4231851/product.html   We just use regular sheets on it, and it rests on the floor.  I like it so much, we bought a twin of the same type for my daughter to use eventually.  Right now she is still with us.   I don't know how it would work with a low frame.  I personally think futons just on the floor are more comfortable than on a frame, but maybe it was just...
    Either put him in the cart, a baby carrier, or let him walk until it becomes an issue and then pick him up at that time.  Choose a time that you don't need to go shopping to practice walking around in a store, and end it (pick up or leave) when your child is done walking in a manor that you deem appropriate. (This has helped me a lot lately with my 13 month-old, as she is wanting to walk everywhere lately.)     "(No), that hurts me.  Bite on this instead."  Offer a...
I am not responsible for my child's happiness; I am only responsible for meeting her needs and providing the opportunity to be happy.   (she is going through a lot of tantrums lately and this helps remind me that she is just not going to be happy all the time and that's okay)
I dealt with this by telling my husband that he needed to be responsible for everything (and that we would reconsidered if it made him crazy) because it was driving me nuts.  He also felt like the only thing he had to do was take out the trash, the rest was "extra."  Well it is no longer that way.  I do pretty much the same level of (house)work, but now I don't feel guilty if I don't get the dishes done or make him dinner.  Instead my husband steps up and gets it done...