or Connect

Posts by SabrinaJL

I said no which is truly amazing considering I have IBS. Which I think started after my gallbladder was removed about 8 years ago. The IBS support group I visit has quite a long thread about horror stories of people who didn't make it.
I understand how you feel, but I gotta say, you're pretty lucky. When my daughter was 6 months old I moved into my own apartment (I was 17 and living with my grandmother before). She had her own room so I decided to try to get her to nap in her crib (I didn't want her to actually sleep there because I was bf'ing). It was a nightmare. She hated that crib. Even if she fell asleep in my arms and I'd put her down as gently as I possibly could she'd wake up as soon as...
My daughter co-slept until she was almost 5. I was actually happy when she decided she wanted to sleep in her own bed. By then I was pretty much done with feet in my face, back, side, etc... all the time. Even with a king sized bed she was all over the place. But she still associates it with comfort (she's 10 now). If she's not feeling well or just wants to be with us she won't ask if she can sleep with us, she'll say "Can I cuddle with you guys?" She actually...
Star Wars (he actually taped all the stupid Cartoon Network Clone Wars episodes) Baseball (since baseball season opened he has done nothing but blather about baseball, watch baseball and force me to watch baseball movies with him. Yesterday it was For Love of the Game.) Video games (We have more systems than you can shake a stick at. NES, SNES, 2 N64's, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, PS1, 2 PS2's, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear...
I love this series so much. I have them all in hardcover because I read them over and over and my paperback copies got all torn up. I was really disappointed in the last one though. I just kept thinking "It took all that time to come up with this?" It really should have been a much better book. What I'm really looking forward to is seeing what happens with Durc.
Not a homeschooler, but this really caught my attention so I hope it's ok for me to post here. I am a voracious reader. I LOVE books. When I was 11 I swiped a copy of Stephen King's Pet Semetary from my older brother. My teacher found it in my desk and called my mom because it was "inappropriate". My mom got the book back for me and told me not to take it to school anymore. She let us read whatever we wanted and I swore I'd do the same. My 4th grader reads on an...
I have a 10 year old who is 4'6" tall and weighs 80 lbs. She wears a size 10 in girls jeans and started wearing a bra at about 8 1/2. She's not fat, but she has the potential to be and it worries me. I was a chubby kid and am overweight now. It's very hard. I know that if I don't do something about my habits now hers will only get worse. But it's hard because I don't want to make her feel self-conscious or less than in any way. I did explain to her that exercise...