or Connect

Posts by Lirazel

My oldest boy is wearing the smallest size underwear I know of and my youngest boy is just about ready to start wearing underwear (in the same size).  It seems to me like sharing the same set of underwear at this age (3.5 and 1.5) wouldn't be weird, but am I wrong?  I plan to get some extra pairs so there's enough, but I just don't see the point of getting an extra set of underwear and keeping them separate when they're the same size and so young.   What do y'all do?  If...
OP, I could have written your post!  I also have two boys at almost the same ages as yours and both of their pregnancies were easier.  Now I'm *so* tired and I feel like I work all day at keeping the nausea at bay.  I supplement with magnesium, which I think helps, and I take ginger pills and a large snack when I feel it getting worse.  But I do feel terrible when all I want to do is lie on the couch and the boys have no idea why since I haven't told them yet!
I've been reading about how most store-bought oatmeal has been heated and therefore doesn't have any phytase left, so even if you soak it there isn't any phystase to break down the phytic acid.  So it's basically pointless.  I've heard of adding a bit of wheat in soaking oatmeal since wheat would have phytase in it.  So I got this idea: soak my oatmeal with some wheat sourdough starter.  I figure it's got the wheat to help with the oatmeal's missing phytase and then it's...
I had my big 10 lb boy about 7 months ago.  My belly button was way stretched out and floppy afterwards.  Then at about 5 months pp it started looking like a regular belly button again.  It involved some peeling skin and some kind of oozy spots (sorry - tmi!) but it's back to the normal size and shape and firmness.  But it's still peeling, pink and occasionally oozy.  Like it's been healing for 2 months and still isn't done.  It doesn't hurt, isn't swollen, but it just...
You sound just like me about a year ago!  And not that things work the same for everyone (obviously!) but I hope I can encourage you by saying that my 2.5 year old now sleeps through the night in his own bed in his own room.  It was a long, slow process, but it worked well for us and was not painful or traumatic for either party.   Since he was nursing really frequently at night, I started by cutting nursing down to 2 times per night and just snuggling any other time...
I say it's fine!  It does have a *small* amount of alcohol, but I have no problem drinking it myself when pregnant.  If you feel your kefir has more alcohol than you're comfortable with just ferment it for a little less time.
DS just turned 2 and has been in underpants for all waking hours for the last 2 months.  I give him plenty of reminders to go, but I've realized that over the last couple weeks he doesn't pee in the potty on his own initiative.  He used to, but now, unless I put him on the potty myself to try he'll just go in his pants.  So if *I'm* on top of things we can go days without an accident, but I want *him* to tell us when he needs to go.   Every time he wets his pants we...
DS is 22 months old and he's been learning how to use the potty since about 15 months.  It's been really laid back and has worked well for us.  He is at the point where he will *always* go on the potty unprompted if he is naked (which is how he spends most of his time at home now for this reason).  But he only tells me *after* the fact when he is wearing a diaper (such as when we have just gotten home from an outing or has recently gotten a diaper on for bed).  He...
I've been frustrated with my whiney 21 month old too.  He doesn't sound quite as emotional as yours, but he does whine a lot and I definitely wish he had some more self-control or at least better reasons!  But that's what we're teaching them, right?  So what I've worked on doing is prompting him to "ask nicely" when he whines or preferably when I notice that he's starting to get frustrated about something.  "Asking nicely" for him means at the very least saying "help" in...
Thanks for all the advice.  We've made some changes that I think are going to help.  I'm adding at least one more nursing session in for him at night and when it's not nursing time DH is helping him fall back asleep so it's not so confusing.  (sometimes he gets to nurse and sometimes he doesn't... how should he know what's going to happen?  Now he knows because if it's not milk time then it will be DH who takes him.  He's still angry about it, but I think it will at...