or Connect

Posts by Lirazel

DS is almost 13 months and has recently transitioned to just 1 nap a day. Like the subject line says, he's just not tired enough for a second one until it's too close to bedtime.  Then he's just really cranky until bed.  If I put him down early then he just wakes up earlier in the morning thus disrupting the whole schedule again.   Sometimes I try to run errands later in the day so he has a chance to doze for 10 minutes in the car but it's kind of hit or miss and I...
Like, how much is a serving?  Do I eat it in the same bite with other foods (like sauerkraut on a brat or salsa on chips) or just plain on it's own?  I'm interested in trying to make some homemade sauerkraut and probably ginger carrots, but I don't know how to eat them!  I really want to get fermented foods into my diet, but I don't know the right way to put them in my mouth!  I feel so silly having to ask!
Ha!  I *just* got my water kefir (and milk kefir) grains from that same place yesterday!  Adoption certificate too.  :)  I agree the transaction was fantastic and the grains look great.
Our nursing situation sounds extremely similar.  And my little guy has recently insisted on comfort sucking immediately upon waking up in the morning.  He'll just lie there awake but sucking for 30 minutes or more if I let him!  I don't have advice, but I wanted to say that it's happening to me too and I can't really figure out what the reason is.  It's nice to be loved, I guess!
How long was it?  My DS just turned a year and still is 90-100% breastfed on any given day.  He just doesn't care for solid foods.  I'm fine breastfeeding as much and as long as he needs; he can adjust to eating solid food at his own pace.  But I'm curious how long it might be before he really gets into it.  He has never liked purees, so we just always give him little bits of what we're eating or something else simple if there isn't anything suitable on our plates.  He...
For those of you who go back and forth between long and short - how much time does it take for you to grow it long again?  I agree that "it's just hair - it'll grow back" but it seems like such a daunting wait for it to grow out again!  It seems like it must take years and years!   I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it long for now.  I know my husband loves it long, so that's a big point for that side.  And I think my hairline along my face probably isn't ideal for...
What do you think of cutting it very short?  I know it's a personal thing, but I just want some opinions and thoughts.  I have always had long hair - right now it's a little over halfway down my back. I like the pretty things that can be done with it, but my hair is so thick that it takes a lot of work.  Most days it's just in a braid or bun.  Sometimes it feels like too much effort just to brush it.  And when I do have the time and energy to do something interesting...
I've been using baking soda and acv on my hair for about a year and a half now.  Generally I like it.  I like how cheap and simple it is.  But I do have some questions still:   1) Every time I brush my hair it leaves some gray "stuff" on the bristles.  I don't know what it is.  It doesn't matter if it's freshly washed or not, the bristles are coated in this gray stuff.  Like dust mixed with my hair oils, maybe?  Is that normal?  Does it mean my hair is still dirty or...
I have some pumpkin in my fridge from a pumpkin I roasted and pureed myself.  I was using it as needed, but then it sat there for... a while.  When I checked it it smelled fine and there was no mold, but when I tasted it it was kind of tingley.  Would that mean it has fermented?  If so, could it be good to use in that state?  If so, how?  Or should I just toss it?
DS is 11 months old and still doesn't quite seem to have the hang of the pincer grasp.  He can certainly pick up small objects, but he doesn't do it with his finger and thumb.  When eating he mostly grabs a piece of food in his fist and then kind squeezes it and wiggles it until it pops up to the top of his fist and balances it on the way to his mouth.  (Or just opens his fist and shoves it in.)  I saw a 9 month old demonstrate a lovely pincer grasp the other day and...