or Connect

Posts by Lirazel

I use a wipes warmer and fill it with a cup or so of water, a splash of witch hazel and 2 drops of Kissaluv's Diaper Lotion Potion. It smells nice and works great and I love making a batch of wipes and then having them all ready to go in the warmer. I may use TTO when I run out of the potion though since it costs a bit and I don't want to pay shipping just for that (I bought it with the dipes originally).
Oh that is so encouraging!! rzberrymom, those articles were just what I needed. Thank you! I can totally deal with knowing this is a normal phase.
There are a few items, some related, some not, so I'll just list them I guess. And for background, we co-sleep and breastfeed. He'll be 4 months at the end of this week. 1) I had thought that babies usually start sleeping longer at night and less during the day as they get older, but DS has been getting up earlier lately. He used to wake around 7-7:15 and now it's more like 6-6:30 and I do my best to keep us resting in bed with side-lying nursing, but he hasn't been...
DS is 3.5 months and wakes up twice every night to eat. I have struggled with low supply and now things seem to be on track, but I certainly don't have much to spare - he needs everything I've got. His two best meals of the day are the ones in the middle of the night, but I keep reading all this stuff about how I should encourage him to sleep longer and need less milk at night. Stuff like "even if you don't mind waking up to feed him, he needs to learn to sleep longer."...
Thanks all for the input... I was actually just asking out of curiosity since I hear the phrase a lot and wondered what it meant to different people. It's encouraging to hear that our schedule is pretty normal! I do know that he comfort nurses too. But for the record, I do know I have supply issues because for a while he was gaining about 3 oz per week (and that was an improvement from the first month). He did manage to gain a whole pound over the last two weeks...
DS is three months old and eats around every hour and a half during the day rarely stretching to two hours and it's more like every hour or literally back and forth between bbs in the hours leading up to bedtime. (Nighttime is more like 3-5 hours.) I have struggled with low supply so I just go with it to make sure he gets every drop I have, but I also think that's part of the reason he eats so frequently - because there isn't a whole lot at each sitting to fill him up...
Well as I've looked around a little more I think the way one is supposed to handle it is to buy a capsule filling machine and fill your own capsules. It looks like you can get a small one for pretty cheap, but I haven't done it yet. I tried taking small amounts with honey or in a spoon of yogurt, but it was pretty awful - my mouth still got coated with power and I wasn't willing to do that several times a day. Yuck. So the bag is just sitting there, but I'm not in as...
Not sure if it's the same thing, but this site has a recipe for mama's milk tea... http://www.bulkherbstore.com/MMT?s=fenugreek
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one! I do know that I'm not actually practicing CIO, but what bothers me is that *he* doesn't know it. He doesn't know that I'm not picking him up because I am unable to rather than that I'm just ignoring him. I do have a mirror that lets me see him and it is indeed some comfort for me. And I do talk and sing very loudly to get over the road noise. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He's only just barely learning to grab...
DS does not care much for the car. I always try to make sure he is well fed and changed before we go anywhere. He'll amuse himself for maybe 5-10 minutes but then gets fed up. If DH is with me and the ride will be longer than that I'll sit in the back with DS to amuse and comfort him. But when I have a longer drive to do on my own, there's not much I can do. At home DS never CIO. But then we get in the car and he gets frustrated and can't even see me (I do talk and...