or Connect

Posts by Niniel

Hi everyone,    I'm 37 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and she is currently breech. I started to lose my plug on Wednesday. I saw my midwife who did a VE and said I my cx was mid to posterior and only about 1cm dilated (which she would expect given I've had 3 children already). I had a heavy bloody show on Thursday so got checked again and cervix was still in the same position. Baby is still sitting up very high and hasn't engaged. Since Thursday afternoon I have...
Thanks for the reply
Hi everyone,    I'm 35 weeks pregnant and my baby is stubbornly breech. She flipped head down about 26 weeks but then turned breech again at 28 weeks and has stayed that way since. I've tried several of the positions on spinning babies, I've tried playing music to my bump and I've tried moxibustion but she hasn't moved at all. She seems to be very settled with her head towards my right side, she hasn't moved her head from that position at all really. I'm due for a...
I had an epidural with my first and I would never do it again. My second and third were drug free home births and they were so much easier, in terms of how in control I felt and recovery. I think epidurals have their place but to me they are very much a last resort. 
Fantastic story. I love your attitude that labour hurts but that's okay    Well done! 
Hi everyone.    I'm pregnant with my 4th child and due to have a routine US exam on Friday, it's a 21 week fetal anomaly scan (I'm in the UK). I'm actually really going off the idea of getting scanned so frequently, I'm just not sure they are necessary but I know if I say to my husband or family that I don't want to go to the scan on Friday there is bound to be a huge argument as they will say the scan is necessary and I'm being unreasonable. TBH I'd love to go UC as...
Had my eldest at 20, then my ds at 27, dd2 at 28 and expecting again at 31. DH says we're done, I'm not so sure
I had 3 days of this with my DS but once my waters broke the labour that followed was pretty fast (about 5 hours). Try getting gravity to help or a bit of nipple stimulation to see if that can regulate your contractions. If you will up to it and your waters are still intact why not try making love?    Good luck. I hope things get moving for you soon. 
I'm just talking about my personal experience, and I won't home birth no matter what, assuming that I have a straight forward pregnancy it will be my plan, and if there are any signs of trouble in labour I will transfer (luckily the hospital is less than 5 minutes from my house). I will have two highly trained and experienced midwives with me (probably better care than I'd get in the hospital where the midwives will be responsible for other women and would leave me alone...
just speaking from personal experience here but    first labour - in hospital, epidural, cascade of interventions, real difficulty establishing breastfeeding with a drugged up baby, severe postpartum depression, back ache, headaches etc   2nd & 3rd labours - at home, no pain relief (apart from a novacane shot while I was getting a 2nd degree tear stitched), absolutely no complications, problems or on-going difficulties what-so-ever.    And I just read some...