or Connect

Posts by Nanasi

Anyone?
I'm headed back to full-time work on Monday, which leaves my husband alone with our BFing twins. The boys are 21 months old and nurse to sleep/drowsiness at nap and bedtime. How have you made the transition from mama nursing twin babies down for naps to having someone else put them down for naps?
Great job on carrying your babies to term! From one twin mama to another, I know how much work that is. I wish you a speedy recovery and all the help you need in these next few months. Blessings on you and yours!
I had a great pregnancy, too. I did have pre-eclampsia at the very end, but everything else was good... even considering the groin pain and carpal tunnel. I gained 55lbs on a 5'4" frame and was all belly. My boys were born via c-section (two transverse babies, one flipped at 39.5 weeks) on their due date, weighing 7lbs12oz and 7lbs10oz. I didn't plan to have a c-section, but with the pre-e, first time mother and bad positions, it was our best option. We've been...
I read this post a while back and it stuck with me. Then at the library the other day, a book about vitamin B12 deficiency caught my eye. Apparently, in babies B12 deficiency can often result in delayed development and "failure to thrive." Please, read up on this and consider getting both yourself and the baby's levels of B12 tested. I'm also suspecting that my the dementia my father-in-law and grandmother are suffering from could be partly due to low B12. The book was,...
I have the same problem, hergrace! One of the boys is so single-minded, no matter what he's doing. I really would like to help them learn to work things out together, so perhaps talking it through is the way to go. I want to avoid becoming the arbitrator though. As a kid, it never felt fair when Mom decided the outcome of an argument.
We did a two-day (16 hours) drive from Arizona to Idaho when I was about 24 weeks along. It was fine, except my back got sore and my legs got swollen. I'd recommend breaking a drive like that into two days and be sure to have a hand towel you can fold up for lumbar support. I never flew when I was pregnant, so I'm not sure how that would be. I think it really comes down to what you'll be most comfortable with. For me, driving is always less stressful because I don't...
We're running up against an issue that isn't unique to multiples, but I think the way you'd deal with it would be different if it were happening between children of different ages. Our boys are 9-months-old and have reached the stage where they want to play with whatever someone else has in their hand. They're getting into squabbles over toys almost constantly right now. If they were older, we'd be able to talk about taking turns. But at this age it just wouldn't sink...
I didn't have to try and nurse them on my own until they were a bit older, but swaddling definitely helped. We didn't swaddle them much, but I felt so much more comfortable maneuvering two wiggly, bobble-headed babies when they were baby burritos. I used the EZ2Nurse pillow and it was great for us. I was able to focus on helping them latch on because I didn't have to hold them in place all the time. Also, the previous posters are SO right! Get help! This is hard,...
This is a little off topic, but it has to do with flying with twin infants. Be aware that it's against federal regulation for two lap children to sit in the same group of seats because there aren't enough oxygen masks for two extra people. We flew with the boys in July and had to sit in two different rows for this reason. If you're planning on holding your babies through the flight, consider sitting across the aisle from your partner, or one behind the other.