or Connect

Posts by frugalmama

Zebra - *hugs*     Well, after talking with the folks at the housing agency & reading their manual to confirm a few things, I am 99% sure I am not going to take it. I know - its crazy. It should be cheaper & easier.   But when I did the math my rent would range anywhere from $50 a month to $150 after the voucher, depending on how much I sold that month, how they figured the self-employment income, etc. The worker's best guess was probably about $100 a month. My...
Mamas, I don't know what to do. I am on the waiting list for Section 8 Vouchers. I signed up almost 2 years ago, and was told 5 years minimum before my number would come up. Well - I got a letter today saying my number is up to complete our application & determine eligibility. I'm not sure what to do. We are barely getting by in our house and any major repairs are going to be nearly impossible, but on the other hand I really don't know about renting. DD is not the gentlest...
Satori - *Hugs*   Justmama - I think you nailed it. We are all tired of being broke.     Just got the electric bill - now waiting for the cut-off notice. Pretty sure the main place I was going to go to is out of funds so not sure what to do. Ditto on the water bill. And I'm freaking out inside about the property taxes that still haven't gotten paid yet. Going through the house today to see if there is anything we can sell to try to come up with the funds. Ebay is dead...
I'm not much help with making things, but if you can find Gimballs Jelly Beans they are top 8 allergy safe. I've seen them at Walgreens for around $3 a bag for the big bags - you could maybe fill plastic eggs to stretch them out.   Would returning the non-safe candy that you bought be an option? Maybe you could use those funds to buy something else?   Are you crafty in any way? Maybe if you knit / crochet / sew you could make a little something for each basket?   One...
Checking in :) Picked up a $50 babysitting job for 2 little h*ellions, but they are paying cash so it's good. My fridge isn't shutting right - it keeps popping back open. Worked on it this morning but I can't figure out why it's opening on it's own. Going to rig up something with stretch cords & a hook to keep it shut tight when we aren't nearby to watch for it popping open.   Finally got paid, now I'm just waiting for it to hit my bank so I can pay bills. Hopefully it...
Ducking in here again...still waiting to get paid on the bigger gig that will pay this months bills. Posting from Mcdonalds today - using their free net. Took a load of books to half price yesterday so I could have bus fare to hopefully make the weekend. Going to try to go to the library tomorrow & post up a bunch of stuff on ebay/vegsource/fb to sell - maybe something will sell.     Justmama - sorry to hear your computer broke. What happened? Maybe one of us can figure...
Ducking in here to say Hi. Trying to read when I can - my net is cut off until I get paid next week, and my kindle screen cracked so I am totally without net unless I go somewhere like mcdonalds or starbucks or the library. At least my house will get clean since I got nothing else to do :) Hoping I can afford to replace my kindle soon - looks like on ebay I can get one for maybe $40 shipped.   Justmama - our low rent apts have the same thing. No exceptions. But at least...
I would be interested too. I need stuff like this that I can just toss in the oven when I get home or drop in the crockpot when I'm not feeling good.   It looks like I may have to go gluten free, as much as I don't want to because of cost & allergies to most of the gluten subs. I went on a new high protein low carb diet recommended by my endo to try to get off some of my thyroid issue weight, and in 2 days my stomach issues stopped, my joint pain stopped, and the...
Mamarhu- totally understand, And WTG on your son's progress! I'm in a similar boat with my dd. 2-3 years ago, folks looked at her and immediately thought Autistic. She didn't talk to people at all, only repeated movie lines, etc. Now, she's bloomed so much that she just just a little quirky.   *hugs* to everyone else.   Still here, still trying. Totally broke, but I got stuff on ebay so hopefully will have something come in soon. Found a rare hidden mickey bear at the...
 Okay SSI I know! There is a way to claim "financial hardship" and get the amount for the backpayment reduced to just 10% of each month's ssi check. You'll have to go in repeatedly & plead your case, but it can be done. SUPPOSEDLY you are to be able to get it as low as $10 a month - BUT I never had success getting it to stay that low. It always would go back to 10%. Sounds like they are taking about 90%? Definately not right at all - they are not supposed to be able to...