or Connect

Posts by frugalmama

Zebra - *Hugs*     Right now I am just mentally & spiritually burnt out. Dealing with a lot of personal issues. Struggling to get basic stuff done, like making appointments & getting stuff done around the house. Trying to take it day by day & get through what needs done.   I am so tired of being broke & poor. A local friend was posting stories from an article on FB about, as she put it, "lesser off" folks. I had to slap my hand from replying that I'd LOVE to be as...
Another happy YNAB user here as well. I use version 3 which doesn't have as many features, but works well for me.   If you can find someone who upgraded from version 3 to version 4, they are allowed to gift the key for version 3 to someone else. I got our free as a online friend upgraded. They also do coupon codes fairly often - I've seen YNAB as low as $30 before.
Haven't been posting as I'm dealing with a lot of personal stuff. Just don't have mental energy to reply to everyone right now. Hugs to everyone though.   Greatfuls, because I really need to work on being greatful:   ~Our kitty got fixed & his rabies shot free today. And he was even good on the bus. ~The massive grocery haul I got free today. Some of it I'm not sure I'll use, but will try. ~ebay sales. Finally had a couple things sell.
Did a massive freshness policy haul today - had to go super early to drop off our cat to get fixed, so we killed time at the grocery store 2 blocks away. I am now drowning in milk, yogurt, Orange Juice, tortillas, and bread items. Ended up getting 3 gallons and a quart of milk, plus 2 gallons of OJ. Probably going to give away a gallon of the milk - one was fat free, and we are not fans of fat free milk honestly - we normally buy whole milk. I dunno - maybe I can use it...
It's cold & wet today, so I'm trying to run the oven to help warm the house.   Breakfast:   Bread pudding fresh from the oven   Lunch:   I'm thinking maybe a hot lunchmeat sandwich, or soup & sandwich   Dinner:   Fish, Rice & Cauliflower - last night we ended up doing hot dogs instead.
I like the draft dodgers idea - I've been saving smaller scraps from my sewing to make them for our windows. While our home is only 40 years old, it has the original single pane windows & they are quite drafty. I don't want to throw them out if I can help it. Most of the local thrifts here would put these on the sales floor, unfortunately. Honestly, I hadn't thought of making a quilt for resale. Most of the clothing is only worn in a few places {hems, the bum area, or...
DD is hard on her clothes, and then tend to end up stained or have holes by the time she outgrows them since we buy mostly used already. I've been sticking them in a bag {the "rag bag" } for a while, but I'd like to re-use them into something else. Most are knits - t-shirts, dresses, knit pants, etc. She is just now outgrowing a size 6 girls. I've tried giving them away on craigslist in the past with no success - nobody wants stained kids clothing, even if it's...
Dinner last night ended up being chicken sandwiches, using free buns. Paired with french fries that needed used.   Today's menu:   Breakfast: Bagels with cream cheese for me, bagels with butter & sugar for dd.   Lunch: leftover chicken patties, either on buns or as-is, paired with maybe some alfredo mix {to use up milk that needs used}   Dinner: I'm thinking fish sandwiches with rice & veggies. I have some cauliflower that needs steamed. Not 100% sure though, but...
 I think this may be a 2 part deal. 1. Yes, older folks who have been exposed to more viruses over the course of their lifetime will naturally have a higher immunity. Since we know that all flu viruses are at least cousins of one another, it makes sense to think that previous viruses would provide at least partial immunity. 2. Younger folks, especially children, tend to have a double whammy against them. First, they haven't been exposed to as much illness & their immune...
No new projects yet, but I'm puzzling one out. I want to put some clips - like the heavy duty kind you use to hold a ton of paper on the fridge - on the wall of my laundry room to use for putting up the white / black fabric I use for photo backgrounds for my ebay stuff. But I'm not quite sure how to do it, as I've never seen anything similar that's designed to be put on a wall that isn't magnetic.   I think I need to go to Home Depot & see what they can come up with that...