or Connect

Posts by frugalmama

Dinner last night ended up being chicken sandwiches, using free buns. Paired with french fries that needed used.   Today's menu:   Breakfast: Bagels with cream cheese for me, bagels with butter & sugar for dd.   Lunch: leftover chicken patties, either on buns or as-is, paired with maybe some alfredo mix {to use up milk that needs used}   Dinner: I'm thinking fish sandwiches with rice & veggies. I have some cauliflower that needs steamed. Not 100% sure though, but...
 I think this may be a 2 part deal. 1. Yes, older folks who have been exposed to more viruses over the course of their lifetime will naturally have a higher immunity. Since we know that all flu viruses are at least cousins of one another, it makes sense to think that previous viruses would provide at least partial immunity. 2. Younger folks, especially children, tend to have a double whammy against them. First, they haven't been exposed to as much illness & their immune...
No new projects yet, but I'm puzzling one out. I want to put some clips - like the heavy duty kind you use to hold a ton of paper on the fridge - on the wall of my laundry room to use for putting up the white / black fabric I use for photo backgrounds for my ebay stuff. But I'm not quite sure how to do it, as I've never seen anything similar that's designed to be put on a wall that isn't magnetic.   I think I need to go to Home Depot & see what they can come up with that...
Oh Justmama - HUGS.       Still here, still chugging along. Called today to find out the status of my electric bill assistance app - hasn't even been mailed out yet. I have a disconnect for the 27th, but I got an extension until the 4th. I have to call tomorrow & see if they can get me in on the appointment line but it's not too likely. Was going to put it on a payment plan, but found out if I do that then I can't get help with the bill. Which makes zero sense to me,...
Still chugging along. This weeks' free haul included lots of turkey lunchmeat, frito chips, hamburger buns, salad greens, potato buns, and more bagels. At least this time it was the mini cinnamon swirl ones - dd likes those toasted with butter & sugar. Hit a sale on shredded cheese - 12oz & 16oz bags for $1. Got a ton of mozzarella, Monterrey jack, and one jalapeno jack {but it was a bit spicy when I used it to make frito chili pie so not sure how I'll use the rest...
Wow this thread has been quiet the past few days - everyone okay?   We are still here, still chugging along. Managed to hit a good sale on sweaters, so am a little closer to the tax money due now. Got a disconnect notice on my elec. bill - gotta call the agency I am waiting on an app from to see if that speeds the app up at all. If not, then will put it on a payment plan to buy a little time.   Greatfuls:   ~Free groceries. Thanks to that, it's the 22nd of the month...
Following....while we live in an area with TONS of homeschoolers, we don't at all fit with 99% them, including the local homeschool center. Most here are very conservative, WASP/C {White Anglo Saxon Protestant/Catholic}, 2 parent large families - think Duggars {actually some of the main local families are close friends with the Duggars. I keep waiting for Mrs. Duggar to be the main speaker at the local convention :( }.   We on the other hand are Native American, Muslim,...
 Totally agreed. Or for low-income folks or those with chronic health issues. I got chewed out on the other board because I refuse to put my dd with aspergers, OCD and anxiety in public school that can't / won't work for her just so I could get a minimum wage job, lose our benefits and maybe make enough to make ends meet & pay a tiny bit on my student loans. Sorry, but my health & my dd's emotional health come first before anything else. Including getting out of debt or...
 Living Like No One Else. Great forum, but be prepared for narrow mindedness & folks that are more hardcore DR than DR himself.
Not at all crafty IMO, but much needed. Added shelves to a shelf-less bookcase in the storage room, and now I have a much neater storage room! I'm counting it :)   1. Recycled t-shirt crocheted rug 2. Shelves added to bookcase for storage