or Connect

Posts by frugalmama

I don't know, I can see it happening. If we consider the scene where Bellatrix is torturing Hermione, and Draco is forced to watch & see that yes, her blood is the same as his - I can see it being eye opening for him & doing away with some / all of his biased views. Knowing what she went through in Malfoy Manor, I think Draco would have had at the very least a grudging respect and perhaps admiration for her not breaking under Bellatrix's torture. I always got the feeling...
5-10 minutes. I remember it was 3 pushes total, and dd shot out like a rocket. The student OB nearly dropped her - she was surprised!   Total labor was about 8 hours. Water broke the day before, went to the hospital after 24 hours with no sign of labor, finally got in a room about 1 am, dd was born at 9:15 in the morning, just in time for me to get breakfast.
Well, I'm glad to hear even J.K. Rowling realized she messed up on that relationship. They simply were not equals in any way - just two people who happen to have been friends due to a common friend {Harry}. Marriages based on that, IMO never work well. They tend to fall about in 10-15 years when both parties simply realize they are better off just friends.   Honestly, this will probably get me flamed, but I always saw Hermione with either A. Professor Snape, who was her...
Money troubles here too. I'm getting a check from one of my side gigs, and trying to decide what to do with it. I should have about $180 extra after paying everything that absolutely has to be paid this month. We are late on property taxes, owe about $800 plus penalties & interest. I know the county will do a payment plan, but my income is too iffy to get on it I think. I need to go down there & find out the details. I can't decide if I should pay the $180 towards the...
 It really has been a huge blessing for us. We were about to have to start going to the food bank honestly - mostly for things that I am now getting free with this policy. If anyone is in TX - it's the major chain with the motto here everythings better :)  Today's meals: Breakfast:Bagels with cream cheese & OJ for dd {all freebies}Leftovers for me Lunch:Sandwich thins with turkey lunchmeat for dd {all freebies}Chips & cheese for me {free with coupons} Dinner:fish, mac &...
 Agreed. They are much the same here. I'm on the waiting list here to get Section 8. While years back they were loud & rowdy, our local agency has been making an effort to clean them up, boot out the loud folks & make them a NICE place to live. Here the newest thing is "mixed income complexes" - aka 30% of the renters are section 8, another 20% low-income non-section 8 reduced rent, and 50% regular renters. The only way you can tell the complex is that is a tiny logo on...
spent today freebie shopping, so going the easy route for dinner tonight. Stouffers Chicken Alfredo, paired with a bag of frozen veggies & some homemade garlic bread using some of our giant pile of free bread.   And we got more free bread today! Thankfully I also got some free lunchmeat, and dd is tickled to have sandwiches for lunch, even if they are on thin bagels for bread. And I got hot dogs buns today too, which means I can do hot dogs for snacks for dd & the 2...
Satori - would a move to the state where the Dr. who can treat is located y'all be possible? Seems like it might be easier to try for that, which would then allow medicaid to cover it and you to keep the funds for use elsewhere. Are there any programs that might get you in housing ASAP if you moved, since technically you could be termed homeless or at risk for it? I know here at least, if you are on SSI & deemed at risk for homeless, you can get in housing pretty quickly &...
breakfast today is the bread pudding I made last night. It's not great, but after chilling in the fridge overnight it's better. Next time I will tweak the recipe a bit - add more egg, spice & sugar. And maybe sub cream for part of the milk. I wonder if I could use flavored coffee creamer for part of the milk - not sure how that would work with baking it though. Used 1% milk to make it - normally I buy whole but the 1% was free with the store policy so I am making...
 Similar, yes. Mine is more leathery / thick looking and gets a red lacy look when cold. And it's primarily across my knuckles & down the side of my hand. I am almost wondering if it's a contact allergy to something - but I can't figure out what. Praying it isn't an allergy to the cat - we got him just before it started & he is my first longer hair kitty {though I have always had cats}. I'll try to get a pic when the current ointment treatment wears off. As long as I keep...