or Connect

Posts by frugalmama

hmm...with a sulfa allergy I'm not sure bag balm would be safe either - per wikipedia "The active ingredients of Bag Balm are 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate 0.3% (antiseptic) in a petroleum jelly USP and lanolin base." I don't know how well it would work, but maybe desitin clear? I think it's lanolin & petroleum jelly. Or any safe anti-biotic ointment would probably work as well. And yes, having a mystery rash sucks. I've been trying to get in to the Dr. on it, but no luck...
 It's not the most natural, but I use neosporin thickly on my hands, and then put in gloves overnight. I've been dealing all winter with a mystery rash on the backs of my hands & neosporin ointment is the only thing that seems to help clear it up for a while. Maybe use the neosporin with pain relief so they stop hurting for a bit? My dad used to swear by bag balm too in winter - again, not the most natural, but it works. You can find it at any feed store, or sometimes at...
Pot roast with potatoes & carrots for dinner tonight. Using up free baby carrots from store's freshness policy. Going to attempt bread pudding for dessert, using some old challah & a bunch of wheat dinner rolls I got free with the freshness policy. Hoping it works - last recipe for bread pudding was a flop.   Breakfast today is bagels with cream cheese again. Bagels free from the store policy, and I bought a bunch of pumpkin spice cream cheese on clearance a while back.
Two thoughts - 1. Try to get in contact with the Kyle David Miller foundation. Not sure they are still around, but they used to provide car seats free for qualifying families. Even for older kiddos like this. They are a big fan of 5 point harness seats for all ages. 2. Since it's due to his Autism, any chance his Dr. would say it's a medical need and / or put orders for him to get a special needs seat that would work longer / better for him? And maybe insurance would pick...
 Savings. Especially with your CS in question. You need a safety net should CS stop coming in. Worst case scenario you can always default on the cc debt & after 7 years it never happened on your credit report.
 Same boat here. Didn't file last year on account of no reportable income. This year if I file I'm supposed to get $120 back, but 99.9% sure it's going to be garnished for defaulted student loans. And I'd have to pay $75 to file since it's all self-employment income. Still waiting to hear back if the project VITA free tax prep will do self-employment taxes or not. Probably will end up not filing at all if they won't.
 I'm in the same boat. Plus I inherited fabric from my mom when she passed away. I am thinking of putting some of it up for sale on craigslist or ebay - some is just not stuff we will use. It's vintage 70's and ugly as can be IMO, lol. I tend to keep all scraps, and even loose threads / tidbits of fabric. Those all go in a "stuffing" bag & I use them for stuffing cat toys or draft dodger tubes for windows. Bigger scraps get used to make doll items or doll quilts. Someday...
I loved it, honestly. I've watched it a couple of times on youtube even. If I could I'd put the song as my ringtone.   And I applaud a company willing to show Muslims, especially women in hijab, in a normal & good light in their ads. Unlike Best Buy who chickened out of showing their ad with a guy who's only indicator of being Muslim was his name just because it made the newspapers the day before the Super Bowl & people complained.     I didn't even notice the gay...
Our Goodwills have raised prices too - a bit too much IMO. Adult clothing {even t-shirts} now starts at $4.99. Kids thankfully is still .99 for 4t & under, $1.99 for above that.   They also changed their sales too. They used to do $1 off color of the day some days of the week & $2 off others. Now it's 50% off color of the week every day.   Still no sorting by size - I wish!   Honestly I rarely shop goodwill & buy much. I'd rather go to the thrifts in town with .99...
Jaxy, if / when that happens again - CALL YOUR STATE DHS/HHSC OMBUDSMAN. They can normally get it fixed in 2-3 weeks. While it's getting fixed - if possible go to the food pantry. Here if you go & state your reason for going is because your benefits are delayed, the main food bank {which also processes foodstamps apps} looks in to your case & sometimes they can get things fixed.  And yes, I am so tired of being broke. My house is falling apart & needs major work but there...