or Connect

Posts by frugalmama

Still working on my t-shirt rug. Gotta find more t-shirts to recycle lol. I'm at the point where 1 t-shirt, even if it's plus size, still only makes 2-3 rounds before I run out of yarn.
 Totally understand. Whine away! I'm the same way right now and all I had was a bad cold on top of my normal health issues. Still dealing with the cold too - can't seem to knock it. I think the last 4 days I've slept about 20 hours out of every 24. My house is a pigsty {thank you DD!}, I have a ton of laundry to do {but I can only do maybe 2 loads a day max or the house floods}, and I desperately need to grocery shop but I just don't have the energy to get there & back on...
Oh Justmama I'm so sorry! Have your tried calling some of the foster/ rescue groups? Maybe they can find you a foster or someone willing to adopt them? I would take them if I lived closer, but TX is a long ways from you.
    Try YNAB aka You Need A Budget software. It's a pay software BUT if you can find someone who upgraded form the previous edition they are allowed to give their old liscence away free. It does EXACTLY what both of y'all want :)
 Totally agree. You may have to get a notarized letter or a letter from someone not a family member that states how long you have been living apart & that "pending the official order, he is giving you the mount of $xyz monthly in leiu of child support". But you don't have to wait until you have the official court order. They probably will have you submit the order when it gets approved though.
I'm in, but don't have a list of projects just ideas to run off of. I do know that #1 will be finishing the giant crocheted t-shirt rug I'm working on now though. And I know I want to make dd some AG doll clothes & maybe some food for her dolls too. And I want to sew myself an abaya or two as well - would love to have those done before July. Maybe I'll get an abaya done for dd too as an Eid gift.   Mostly I want to attack the 4 totes of fabric I have that are taking up...
Will there be a new thread for 2014?
Micah_Mae - A little worse this year, but coming out close to even. I'm not putting back $$$ as that never works well for me, but I am stashing back gifts. On your housing - does your college offer family housing? Some do & your can use loans to pay it. Might get you through until Section 8 came through.   PeacefulSeams - Welcome!   Rainbow - Mortgage free is wonderful :) It is such a load off to not worry about foreclosure.   Zebra - Even the little stuff can be...
I REALLY want to set up a couple SFG beds this spring, but the cost is $$$ for my budget. I have the book thanks to it being free on kindle a while back, and I've thought about it for a good year or so.   What are some low/no cost ways to cost costs on setting up & filling the SFG beds? I was thinking of using newspaper instead of landscape fabric - would that work? Instead of a 1-1-1 version of Mel's Mix would a 2 parts compost, 1 part each peat moss & vermaculite mix...
:) Happy New Year everyone - hope 2014 is a better year.   Hoping our SNAP is approved by the new year but not holding my breath. I'm guessing it will be closer to the end of January & we'll get back benefits. I applied on the 10th, phone interview on the 13th, and got the last of the paperwork in the 23rd as it took them a week to get me the form I needed to sign. I'm drawing a total blank right now - I know it's 30/45 days to process but which date does that start on?...