or Connect

Posts by mamalovesbaby

Quote: Originally Posted by CoconutCutie Im waiting for the over flow of "do you have a baby yet?" messages. I got one last night and one this morning already. Its bound to be a busy day with blowing up my phone. LOL, I am only 39+3, and I have been getting 2-3 emails/texts/phone calls a day for the last week asking "have you had the baby!" I am still very much pregnant, and aside from my 10hrs of contractions 10 days ago, I don't have...
Congratulations, can't wait to hear your birth story!
I am 39 weeks today, and was feeling completely overwhelmed and emotional today, but I am feeling so much better since one of my wonderful sweet friends came over this afternoon and helped me clean the house! DH and I had a major issue we had to deal with with our business, and the house was just littered with boxes of stock, and I felt like things were in a complete state of disarray. I ended up in tears as I just felt like I did not have everything ready to have the...
Congratulations, Penelope Rose is just such a gorgeous name , and she is one beautiful baby! Well done Mama.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the world baby Morgan!
Feeling incredibly zen and calm here too! I am due in 8 days (on the 21st), but would also quiet like my baby boy to appear a day or to late so that I have a little gemini! I had 10 hours of contractions on Sunday night, and was happy to just be by myself in the dark on my birthing ball from 2am - 5.30am (when annoyingly everything came to a stop!!!) while DH got some sleep. All of my friends are shocked that I did not go to the hospital or ring my midwife, and I...
I just got a text from my Mother this morning (she lives over the other side of the world to me), my littlest sister lost her baby this morning. She was 11 weeks pregnant. I am just so devestated for her, and I know that it is going to be so hard for her when my baby is born (due in just 10 days time). She also lives on the otherside of the world from me, but in a different country from my Mum, so I can only imagine how lost and alone she is feeling right now. My...
Well I can now join the 'false labour' club to.... I had 10 HOURS of contractions last night, they started at 7.30pm, and ended at 5.30am with a dead stop, after throwing up ALL of my dinner (wierdly undigested even though it was eaten 8 hrs earlier!) Woke up this morning stangely energised after only 4hrs broken sleep, and then threw up all of my breakfast..... Not quite sure how this is supposed to work if I throw up everything I consume.... I really hope that it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontessa I am sure the day after you and I too am so excited about crossing things off the list that might get in the way of a homebirth! We will be 37 weeks this weekend! I am very happy for you that your iron is better. How high is it now? I hope your pool gets here ASAP! USPS has my homebirthing box hostage some place.... grumbles. I managed to get my iron up to 11.8!!! I hope your pool turns up...
It's all coming together!!! My midwife visited me at home on Saturday and did bloods for iron levels, and she phoned me today to let me know that my iron levels were high enough for me to have my home birth! We also had our last scan today (36 weeks +5) to check babys growth (as I have had high resistance blood flow to the placenta, and the hospital was concerned that this could retard babys growth). He is right on the 50th centile for his growth and is estimated to...