or Connect

Posts by mamalovesbaby

There is brand of whole organic milk that I cannot get enough of - I drink about 5 pints of it a week - as far as I am concerned it tastes like Vanilla Icecream! No other brand of organic whole milk cuts it. Early in my pregnancy I had an insane craving for Banana nesquick milkshake on one particular day - something that I haven't had since I was a kid, but my thoughts were obsessed with it! I have had mad cravings for pickle and cheese in the 2nd trimester so far.
I am now 19 weeks, and have turned into the most ridiculous weepy pregnant women, I get emotional and weepy about everything! A christmas song on the radio, an ad for a credit card on the t.v, and the worst just now, I got weepy over the mothering article 'How to write a gift letter', I mean come on hormones, can we PLEASE draw the line somewhere this is just getting ridiculous!!!
I am due May 21st, so I have just gone 16 weeks. We don't know what we are having yet, and won't find out until 13th Jan when I am almost 22 weeks! Seems like forever away!!! We both think it is a girl though, but I hope we are wrong as I know how much my husband really wants a boy. I am in Maternity jeans, as I do not fit mine any more, but am not obviously pregnant yet. I am still having morning sickness as well, though it is beginning to ease off thank...
Please don't 'give up' on your sister. This sounds like more of an issue between you and your parents, than you and your sister. If you can talk to your sister about things away from your parents, maybe things will go better. I can't believe your parents were laughing and mocking you, that is just so insulting and disrespectful!
I went to see a lady today, who has 3 year old twins. When I walked in the door (wearing 2 thick winter jackets!) the women immediately said to me "Sorry for being presumptuos, but are congratulations due?", I told her "Yes, I'm 16 weeks, thankyou", but obviously had a very puzzled look on my face as to how she knew, which she picked up on and informed me - "I recognised the elastic in your jean pockets as maternity jeans". So she goes on to ask me how things are...
Morning sickness started for me the day I hit 8 weeks. I had horrendous morning sickness from 8-14 weeks, and things have just started to calm down over the last week (I am 15 weeks now). I still have to eat every 2-3 hrs, if I don't I will throw up! Like you I was incredibly hungry from weeks 5-8 and was eatting enormous proportions!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mosaic Anyone care to celebrate with me? I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow, and today marks ONE WHOLE WEEK without throwing up!!! YAY! The nausea is still around, but it's not as bad as it was, so hooray! Wahooo!! so jealous, I am 14.5 weeks and still throwing up... I guess I have a few more weeks to go! I am feeling good though, I feel like I have woken up from a 3 month stuppor! I have been buying bits and pieces for...
DH and I don't really have a nickname for baby, we just call it baby, however I got a text message from my mother in law last night saying that she has been calling my baby 'Taddie', which is funny because if it is a boy, we are going to call him Teddie! (short for Edward)
Well, so far my baby has: A mountain buggy pushchair from New Zealand 8 blueberry nappies in each size (s/m/l) An organic cotton changing mat A breast pump An Amber teething necklace A Cuskiboo A Sophie the Giraffe And I have bought wool and am half way through knitting an Erika Knight newborn matanee jacket, and wool to knit a Debbie Bliss Teddy Bear.
Well I have to say I am completely jealous of all you Mama's - I am going on 14 weeks, and throw up at least twice EVERY SINGLE DAY. And if I only throw up twice I consider it a good day! I am really hoping that the morning sickness will end soon.....