or Connect

Posts by mamalovesbaby

I join the club today as well , I really took a step backward with morning sickness this week - the day of my scan I couldn't keep a single thing down for 24 hrs. I really hope things are going to start to get better...
We have our names all picked out to - Isobella (which will probably be shortened to Bella) or Edward (which will be shortened to Teddy for the first few years, then Eddie). I have chosen the girls name, and my husband has chosen the boys name. I love the idea of having girl/boy siblings in the future called Bella and Teddy
I am 12 weeks 4 days, and had my first ultra sound today. I was a bit freaked out when the baby first appeared on the screen as it was not moving at all, but the sonographer quickly showed me the heart beat, and told me the baby was just asleep. She then got me to lift up my hips and wiggle from side to side to wake up the baby, and then it was just amazing, our little baby was waving its arms and legs and moving around. I was just so releived to find out everything...
I am in the process of trying to get a second hand Mountain Buggy Urban Elite on Ebay, as it meets all of the same criteria as you are looking for, and exactly what I am wanting in a pushchair. I have worked as a nanny for numerous families over the last 10 years, so have used many many pushchairs, and this is by far my favourite. It is an absolute dream to push, turns on a dime, has awesome storage space, and folds down relatively flat for travel and storage, plus is...
I am so torn about this at the moment as well. I live in London, and am on public transport for at least 1.5 hours a day (usually more!) which I feel puts me at high risk of catching swine flu. If I where to catch swine flu, and something happened to the baby, I would just not be able to forgive myself. Then on the other hand, I just can't stand the thought of injecting a vaccine into my body, well my little baby is growing in there. Especailly a vaccine that has not...
I had my first appointment with my midwife today, and it all went fantastically. I have been booked in for a homebirth with no issues at all, which I am so thrilled about as I thought I was going to have to put up a fight to get it! I had my blood tests done, and let them know I did not want screening done for down's syndrome, which they were very respectful of. I have my scan on 10th Nov when I will be just over 12 weeks, and will then be seen by the midwives...
Thanks Mama's - I really was worried I had a moment of pregnancy insanity! Aside from the Blueberry nappies I have 10 x organic cotton prefolds, 2 x Organic tie on nappies by 'Disana', 2x orgnaic wool covers and 3 x small Tots Bots 'Bamboozle' Bamboo fitted nappies. Seeing as the Blueberries are so very expensive I figured I would only use them for the day time and use the prefolds/other nappies with wool covers for night, and when all the Blueberries had run out.
For various reasons regarding the current tax rate in the uk, and a special offer on at an online store offering 15% off, I have just ordered 24 x Blueberry nappies (8 of each size S/M/L) and half of them in blue patterns (the other half in animal prints).... and whats worse is I don't even know what sex baby I am having!!! Please tell me I am not insane, but here is the reasoning behind my choice of colour - We are planning on having at least 2 children, and to justify...
I don't want this post to come across in any way as being smug, and all that I would like it to do is to give you hope, that things will turn out alright for you. My story is, that I was diagnoised with PCOS 7 years ago at aged 24. I was on the 'mini pill' (prostogen only) Femulen (as I have a family history of brain heamorrage, and a personel history of severe migrane, so am not able to take the combined pill). I went to see a medical herbilist to get my cycles...
Well I have the week off work this week, and have had a horrible day today, spent the whole day with horrible nausea, and vomiting, headache, and blurred vision. I have spent the WHOLE day lying on the couch, and thought it was just due to morning sickness, until my husband said that he thought that I was burning up and wanted to take my temperature - 38.8C! So it looks like I could have had some gastro bug going on, which I am kind of releived about, because it means...