or Connect

Posts by mamawannab

nope YYA I definately wasnt talking about you, I tried to make it clear I was talking about noone in this thread it was more of a general thought on the entire thread. Im sorry if you thought I was talking about you. It would be highly unsensitive and plain wrong of me to make a statement like that about someone whose attitude or personality I know nothing about. Thats why I used my friend as an example to illustrate what I was talking about. I know her attitude. As...
I guess my phrasing wasnt quite correct. Obviously your DH or daughter could not have put forth an attitude. I also said "sometimes", not always. In referance to my friend(who I was talking about when I said that about the attitude) I feel like shes almost looking for him to be discriminated against, and maybe sometimes she puts that into a situation, where it might not be warrented. Obviously there is racial profiling, discrimination, and hatred out there. Im just saying...
I am not accusing anyone in this thread of doing this but I do have a little somehting Ive noticed in real life. My best friend and I are both married to hispanic men. We are both caucasian. They are incessently finding themselves in situations where they are discriminated against because of his race. He is second generation Mexican American, no accent, light skin. My husband is first generation Mexican, heavy accent, limited english. We have encountered one incident where...
Quote: You can't control other people's behavior or perceptions and ignorant and hateful behavior doesn't "wait" to de-lurk until a child hits certain age. My 3yo ds has certainly been exposed to more than his fair share already and we live in a city (really a big college town) that touts itself as being very liberal, crunchy, and tolerant. This is exactly what I meant though. The world will teach him enough about hate and ignorance, at any age. These...
if you already feel he is at a disadvantage, why make it worse. You would be setting him back even farther by instilling your own stereotypes and hatred into him. There is plenty of time for him to learn the harsh realities of hate and ignorance.