or Connect

Posts by yk_jenn

Please more info here! My "go-to's" are oil of oregano and thieves oil. Just googled it and oregano will cut my milk supply?!?! Can't find anything on thieves... Elderberry syrup is safe? What else can I do???
Thanks so much for all the replies. I've added quite a few to my zip list, and will try some Planet Earth types with them and see if they are ready for those. We did try Disney Earth a while back and it went over okay, but it was quite a while ago so worth a try again... Also, I LOVE the kids in mind site, they've done all my homework for me! Fantastic. Thanks for sharing! And keep 'me coming if you've got anymore suggestions! It's even tougher to find a movie that my...
My girls 4.5 and 2.5 LOVE the idea of movie nights, but they just haven't been working out for us lately. I'm in need of some suggestions of movies that are appropriate for little guys. I'm not as worried about O, at 2.5 she doesn't have much of an attention span for an entire movie, so she wanders away and plays a bit, etc, but R at 4.5, is glued to it until it is over. And I am finding they are often too emotionally intense for her. I mean what's with Nemo's Mommy dying...
Can't say I am proud of my parenting these last few days. My husband has been away for weeks and both of my girls (2 and 4) and I are fighting a bugger of a cold, add that I am premenstrual and we have a recipe for very long miserable days. What I am hoping for here from the community are some tips that can help me cope with my zero patience for the week or so prior to the start of my menses. I LOVE yoga and I know it would be serving me well here but am finding it...
Guacamole is one of my favorite places to use raw garlic. Yum. But my issue is that I CANNOT stand smelling like it. Who's got a magic trick to take care of this problem???
I watched the Disney movies as a kid and loved them, but now that I am having my kiddos watching them and reading the stories I am so much more aware of the violence. We were reading Snow White before bed the other night... What's with 'take her into the forest, kill her, cut out her heart and bring it to me in this box'???!!! Not really bed time material for a 3 year old, I sensored that one! Lots of killing and dying in most of them. Brutal. I prefer not to have that...
Thanks for the input. I've Zipped the documentary and requested the original version from the library. We chatted today about how Disney plays it up so that movies are more entertaining with the whole good guy vs bad guy struggle. She was so hungry for an explanation, she was engrossed in the conversation and I could see her little mind absorbing and processing the info. I'm still working through the rest of the coversation in my head before I try it with her. I'm...
My 3.5 year old got The Little Mermaid for Christmas and though I was a little concerned that she wasn't ready for it (her TV exposure has been limited to Treehouse and the PreSchool PBS programs, hence no Bad Guys) I let her go ahead. She loves it and has watched it more times than I would like to admit. But, she's really hung up on Ursula and has even had nightmares about her. I am just stumped on how to answer this question... Help Please! 
Jojoba oil might be worth a try for anyone that finds olive or coconut too oily. I use it as a facial moisturizer, but prefer olive or avocado for the rest of my body.
Get a good book, or large stack of good books. I have a dim lamp that I leave on while nursing my babe to sleep, as soon as her eyes are shut, I open my book and read until she is sound asleep. I can usually get up then. But if the book is good enough, you may just not want to. I know it makes it tough to get things done, but this too shall pass. Just milk the time to relax and enjoy.