or Connect

Posts by Hooplehead

Interesting!   The triage nurse told me that the reason to wait a cycle was to make sure that the "debris" from the miscarriage cleared out before TTC again. I have ended up not bleeding as much as I thought I would and now I am wondering if I am going to end up having a weird cycle like you had.  Time to sit back and wait I guess.    
Hi guys!   I just left the April DDC after figuring out that I had a chemical pregnancy.  What a bummer.  I swear if I had not been paying attention and had not taken those early result HPTs, I would have never known I had missed anything.  It would just seem like a period that was a week late and extra heavy as a result.   I have elected not to go and see my OB/Midwife office even though they want to give me a blood test to make sure my HCG level has dropped.  I...
Looks like I have full blown aunt flo style bleeding.  I did some reading and decided it must have been a chemical pregnancy since I had multiple positive HPTs a little less than a week before my period was due.  I took another one this morning (digital kind) and it said not pregnant.  Soooooo, looks like a chemical pregnancy for me.     If I had not have taken an early HPT or been charting, I would have never known, just thought my period is late and extra heavy as...
Last night I had a bit of spotting.  This morning, I had a bit more.  It is pink to bright red and mucusy.  Is this a sign of impending doom for this pregnancy or is it some sort of breakthrough bleeding?  I would have been on the last day or so of my period if I was not pg.  I also am wondering if it is some sort of strange side effect of conceiving after a paragard.   I understand if this one was not meant to be.  But I really really hope it is!
This time around I feel much calmer and confident in myself.  I think a lot of it is coming from having a good pregnancy and wonderfully empowering birth.  That helped a whole lot!  I have a hard time imagining how I will feel about this next one though I know I have plenty of love to go around.  My son has been very easy and I am wondering if I may end up with an opposite this go round.  Either way, I will make it!!!!  I am planning to be much more outspoken about my...
  Name: Mel   EDD: 04/09   #Pregnancy/baby: 3rd pregnancy, baby #2   Your age/age at the birth: 33 on both counts   Family: Myself, Husband of 6 years, 15 month old son, 1 JRT, 1 cat, 3 horses, 1 fainting goat, 19 chickens and some goldfish in the water garden.   How long did it take to get your BFP:  IUD removed late June - Conception around the middle o' July.   Birth plans:  Pretty much the same as last time.  I had wonderful hypnobirth at...
I have a gastric band so I am limited to liquid, chewable or gummy vitamins.  I have taken two flintstones a day prior to pregnancy.  Now I have switched to these gummy prenatals - they actually taste good and have not had any ill effects.   http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=gummy+prenatal+vitamins&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16178676036762106482&sa=X&ei=_sM-TvDUL8XogQeh2Oz3Bw&ved=0CEYQ8wIwAA   With my last pregnancy I took some sort of nasty liquid...
SPD hit me at around 6 months last time and it was not fun.  I could not get dressed, get out of the car, take big steps, etc.  Thankfully I found a chiropractor that was able to help me.  I had to see him once a week but he kept me functioning.   I am wondering if it will return this time?
My DS is 15 months old and still nursing.  He has slowed down in the past few months but still has a big morning session when he first wakes up.  I am wondering if he will end up weaning himself as my pregnancy progresses.
I am very interested in the concept of a home birth.  I had a natural hospital birth - basically paid thousands of dollars for the "privilege" of having my baby in the hospital.  It was not a bad experience but we did end up with a overzealous nurse that caused us an extra day of stay.   I live in a backwards state where it is illegal for midwives to attend a home birth.     Is living within 30 minutes of a hospital still a recommendation?  I am pretty rural so...